can I bring candy/sweets on board for the whole week in my suitcase?

REALgetaway

Just so that i'm not tempted by the servi bar, it is ok to bring say.. a box of 24 candies like Baby Ruth's with me? how about more? I have a big sweet tooth, and I don't want to pay for those small items I can get for cheap at Costco.

I disagree. If you want convenience and don't want to pay for it, by all means bring it with you. Candy bars are expensive on the ship. Yes, there is ice cream available 24 hours, and baked goods like chocolate cake available through room service. But they aren't right at hand, and they aren't candy bars. ;)

Sure, you can. I usually bring a few candy bars with me- but I would definitely put it in your carry on and not in your checked luggage. It may be sitting out in the port area for a bit before it's loaded- and it can be hot! :(

Just so that i'm not tempted by the servi bar, it is ok to bring say.. a box of 24 candies like Baby Ruth's with me? how about more? I have a big sweet tooth, and I don't want to pay for those small items I can get for cheap at Costco.

Yep - my sister packs all of her goodies and brings them with her. Candy bars, snack cakes, cookies...whatever treats she things she may want for the week.

I am glad she does - because at least once during the week I am looking for a taste of something and she will say - come to my cabin I have.....

It works well for me!! ;)

Yes, you can bring any food ONto the ship that you want. But you can't take food OFF the ship, unless it's in individually packaged wrappings, the original commercial wrappings. So if you have a Baby Ruth bar in it's original wrapping, it can go off the ship with you on excursions, but not if it's been opened and you're munching on it as you walk down the gangway! :D

You should have no problem taking candy along in your carry on bag. I'm not much of a candy eater (the frozen yogurt is my downfall), but I have noticed the candy store style dispensers of candy in the Formalities shop window. I have no idea how much this candy costs, but I have found that prices for items sold in the coffee shop are very reasonable...much less than "at home". So you might want to check that out. :)

I have brought a large bag of M&M's and Jelly Belly's in the past and they get put in the drawer cuz I am never hungry enough to eat em!!! I generally will go get a ice cream cone to satisfy the urge and it works.....

I learned my less three cruises ago to not bother.

Pack them well in your carry on so they do not get crushed or melt!!!!

The mini bar does have a few snacks now.....cashews, pretzels, peanuts, Pringles, Snickers and M&M's. Here is a picture of the price list.

Cashews 8 oz 6.95

Honey Roasted Peanuts 3.75

Pringles 1.75 oz 1.95

Mini Pretzels 1.5 oz 1.75

Snickers Bar 2.07 oz and M&M's plain 1.69 oz 1.25

I think this is one of the reason that the stewards are not too happy to remove the contents anymore because it is not just drinks. These snacks would be much harder to track...I think :cool:

Cabin___minibar.jpg.1af8a3087641810d7106e4c6c74820d9.jpg

You should have no problem taking candy along in your carry on bag. I'm not much of a candy eater (the frozen yogurt is my downfall), but I have noticed the candy store style dispensers of candy in the Formalities shop window. I have no idea how much this candy costs, but I have found that prices for items sold in the coffee shop are very reasonable...much less than "at home". So you might want to check that out. :)

The candy is something like $2 or $3 for a 1/4 pound. It's cheaper to get a fat piece of cake from the coffee shop!

Do you mind posting a few of the prices? they are to small to read ;)

thanks AL

The mini bar does have a few snacks now.....cashews, pretzels, peanuts, Pringles, Snickers and M&M's. Here is a picture of the price list.

I even put on reading glasses, cant read a single price either. but thanks for the thought.

The candy is something like $2 or $3 for a 1/4 pound. It's cheaper to get a fat piece of cake from the coffee shop!

And isn't that cake divine?? :D I was shocked when I saw the size of the slices! :eek: Calorie count for one slice? We won't EVEN go there!!! :p

And isn't that cake divine?? :D I was shocked when I saw the size of the slices! :eek: Calorie count for one slice? We won't EVEN go there!!! :p

Ah ! Little known rule : calories do not count on food consumed in international waters ! So, just make sure you're at sea and it's calorie free ! Good thing too - I use this rule quite often.

Ah ! Little known rule : calories do not count on food consumed in international waters ! So, just make sure you're at sea and it's calorie free ! Good thing too - I use this rule quite often.

OMG...What a wonderful thing!

I stand corrected. I wonder when they started this. It wasn't on my 5/9 Glory cruise.

Hmmmmm....I wonder if not every ship carries the snacks :confused: - or if it is a cabin category thing.

I do not recall seeing it prior to our Dream cruise -we were in a suite - in January 2010 :cool:.

Archived