can I bring candy/sweets on board for the whole week in my suitcase?

REALgetaway

Can't remember if it was last year (RCCL-Monarch or the year before on Disney's Magic) but there were these 4-little plastic containers that each contained 2 bags of M&Ms and they were $5.95 EACH!!!!!! :eek: I mean c'mon, it was basically $3 each for a tiny bag of M&Ms that you can find at any checkout counter at the store. ARE THEY NUTS??? Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe that was on RCCL and I remember on the Disney one now they had Snickers, Milky Ways and different types of chips.

Hmmmmm....I wonder if not every ship carries the snacks :confused: - or if it is a cabin category thing.

I do not recall seeing it prior to our Dream cruise -we were in a suite - in January 2010 :cool:.

must be category, because last week (June5-12) on the Dream, was in a 8a and had no snacks.. just drinks...

I love the fact that there are no calories in food once you are in international waters, so why is it that the dress that fits on the first day, shrinks by the last day...must be all the moisture in the air....

I have found that while cruising, you are eating pretty much all day and the thought of having to carry food in addition to the food they serve would be beyond me, ex.

First day at sea......Coffee(immediately) and a croissant:), ooo that perked my appetite, go to MDR for breakfast,:) done around 9, then well they still have coffee up on the lido, so back to the lido for coffee, and LOOK!;) there's a danish, ummm, lunch in the MDR at noon, and tea at three,:rolleyes: dinner at 6, and well still hungry? back up to the lido under the pretense of getting more coffee, and oh wow they still have cake up here, mmmmm! :eek:

On the Sensation, the elevators took forever, and so we did stairs, but on the the Legend, the elevators were plentiful, and boy did I gain weight. Maybe on the Fasciantion, I will use the stairs again....Happy munching!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Dream last month and the 2 things I wish I had brought with me was candy and pretzels..... Even though there was more food available than I had time to eat, I still missed candy and pretzels, especially at night in my cabin.

I do not usually have a sweet tooth (although reading this thread has really made me want a candy bar!), but I like salty snacks. It is nice to keep a jar of mixed nuts handy in the cabin. I have ALWAYS had plenty to eat with out bring food on, but sometimes you want something that is not readily available. Bring what you want, candy is not restricted (yet:rolleyes:)

First day we fill a bowl full of Choc Chip Cookies on the Lido and take them to the room for a quick snack. Keep a couple of choc milks in the fridge for cookie consumption.

Snacking on a cruise ship doesn't seem to happen for me even though I am a junk food junkie. I actually eat more balanced common sense type food when I am underway....like, right now I am eating pecan sandies....I don't need snacks on the cruise ships.

yep you can bring as much as you want... u can go to one of the big box stores and Load up... many bags and bars of candy

i like M&ms in my frosted flakes in the morning.. with chocolate milk of coarse .. YUM

And isn't that cake divine?? :D I was shocked when I saw the size of the slices! :eek: Calorie count for one slice? We won't EVEN go there!!! :p

We jut got back from arizona and we ate at claim jumper for fathers day, I was looking at the calorie count, the 7 layer slice cake was 2773 calories:eek::eek:! The rest of the menu was not much better. I love warm chocolate melting cake. It will be a while before I get to eat one again. Oh well;) Jo

Do what you want but never had a problem keeping my stomach full while on cruises.

Have to agree with you golfadj!! I cant imagine anyone being hungry with all the food on a cruise, I know i dont want to have the same things we have at home, though we try to keep candy out of the picture...but boy are we looking forward to the chocolate cake lol

Ah ! Little known rule : calories do not count on food consumed in international waters ! So, just make sure you're at sea and it's calorie free ! Good thing too - I use this rule quite often.

From one Julie to another Julie...I like your thinking!:D

Yep - my sister packs all of her goodies and brings them with her. Candy bars, snack cakes, cookies...whatever treats she things she may want for the week.

I am glad she does - because at least once during the week I am looking for a taste of something and she will say - come to my cabin I have.....

It works well for me!! ;)

Your sister also brings green bags to hide fruit in and always has a fully stocked fridge compliments of the lido!

Though I have enjoyed her Cheez Its! :D

Archived