Celebrity Equinox and Port Photos

rspro

Can you tell me if Equinox has a 'bolero's' type lounge, or any latin music venue, such as the Millenium has? We are trying to decide on Millie or Equinox for December cruise, my DH loves the latin band...so he's leaning toward Millie, I want to try the 'Solstice' class ships! Any input on the entertainment would be greatly appreciated.

I realize that music, entertainment and dancing are all very personal choices. There wasn't a latin band represented on our specific cruise. There was a very good jazz trio, a gifted guitarist, the usual dance band, a steel drum performer and classically trained musicians. The grand foyer each night had something going on, with a big band sound on formal nights which really did allow for dancing. I would say none of the music was perfect for us each night, but we still danced, sometimes wherever the mood struck us. We danced one evening at Cellarmasters, when a nice song was carried in from the Grand Foyer - when the mood is right the most music will do!

We were on the dolphin and whale watching excursion in Dominica - saw 0 (zero) whales, but were rewarded with what the ship's captain called a super pod of dolphins. He estimated there were 2000 dolphins representing two species swimming and feeding together.

Thank you-- the Dolphin shots were great!

We hope to take a land tour in Dominica to see the pools & falls so hope we are lucky enough with dolphins--our cruise is in January so seasons may make a difference.

if you can recall, what night had the least appealing menu in the MDR? We want to book Silk harvest at least once & we usually take another night off from doing anything!

Thank you-- the Dolphin shots were great!

We hope to take a land tour in Dominica to see the pools & falls so hope we are lucky enough with dolphins--our cruise is in January so seasons may make a difference.

if you can recall, what night had the least appealing menu in the MDR? We want to book Silk harvest at least once & we usually take another night off from doing anything!

Picking the specialty restaurant night by the MDR menu is a great idea, but I can't help. I should have taken photos of the menus each night! But seriously, the evenings to definitely enjoy the MDR are formal nights - everything else is personal preference.

thanks to all of the great photos and input, we did book the Equinox for December 17th, I am glad we are finally going to see how S class compares to M classs.

Enjoy your trip.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks to all of the great photos and input, we did book the Equinox for December 17th, I am glad we are finally going to see how S class compares to M classs.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Thank you for sharing your travel memories through those wonderful photographs. I especially appreciated the pictures from your past trips in Europe as we will be cruising there this fall. The S class ships are worth seeing for the glass shows alone. Happy cruising....

Joanne

For those interested, I finally finished posting photos fom our Caribbean cruise on board Equinox. Photos include the ship, plus port and excursion photos from Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Fort Lauderdale. Enjoy and feel free to comment. http://www.proszowski.com

Can I ask what kind of camera body and lens(es) you were using on the Caribbean portion of your trip?

Yes, the 24-105 is good for more challenging conditions such as the shows, I pushed the ISO fairly high but the results are still fairly good.

I am looking at purchasing a 55-200 would this len be ok under these conditions?

Your photos are Excellent

Can I ask what kind of camera body and lens(es) you were using on the Caribbean portion of your trip?

Most of the Carribbean shots are taken with a Canon EOS 7D with either the EF 28-300 or EF 24-105 Canon Lenses.

I am looking at purchasing a 55-200 would this len be ok under these conditions?

Your photos are Excellent

200mm is a stretch for some nature shots bit with a high megapixel camera you may be able to enlarge some images once on the PC. I find lenses or cameras with image stabilization a real benefit when shooting from a moving platform such as an excursion ship. Cheers.

Archived