Celebrity Equinox and Port Photos

rspro

Wow, amazing photos. Some of those shots look like they were taken by a professional food stylist. You really captured the essence of the elegant Equinox.

Also enjoyed the port photos as we are stopping in some of these on our December Summit cruise.

Thanks again for sharing; nice website. I see you are from Chicagoland also.

The train tour is a good way to experience some local culture and scenery, but perhaps gets a little monotonous after awhile, since the view is fairly much the same all the way around! The sail part was a very nice. The people running the train and sail parts were very nice and made you feel very welcome on the island of St. Kitts.

WOw-- we are booked on this ship & itin in Jan. These pics will keep me busy for awhile

Please tell us more about those great shots of the dolphins!!!

We were on the dolphin and whale watching excursion in Dominica - saw 0 (zero) whales, but were rewarded with what the ship's captain called a super pod of dolphins. He estimated there were 2000 dolphins representing two species swimming and feeding together.

May I ask what is the name of the camera you are using to obtain these outstanding memories?

Thanks in advance.

On this trip I used a Canon EOS 7D and a Canon Sure-shot. I have been using Canon equipment for 25 years now.

Can you please telle me what lens did you use with your 7d?

Most outdoor photos were shot with a Canon 35-300 mm 3.5-5.6 L IS USM, a very versatile but heavy, heavy lens. It helps build your biceps up and burns off excess cruising calories. Most interior and on ship photos were taken with a Canon 24-105 mm 4 L IS USM, probably my favorite lense.

Most outdoor photos were shot with a Canon 35-300 mm 3.5-5.6 L IS USM, a very versatile but heavy, heavy lens. It helps build your biceps up and burns off excess cruising calories. Most interior and on ship photos were taken with a Canon 24-105 mm 4 L IS USM, probably my favorite lense.

Too often, we see great creative pictures on these board with no explanation about the equipment used. Thanks for sharing the information. I usually shoot Nikon DSLRs on cruises, but on our spring TA on the Equinox, I switched to a Canon G11 which I also shot post-cruise visiting friends in Italy.

Thank you so much. your photos are great. I tried to take photos of the show with my 24-70 2.8 L lens but it was not close enough and pictures still came out blurry because it was too heavy to hand hold in the dark.

I have to look into 35-300 lens now.

thanks a million for the info

For those interested, I finally finished posting photos fom our Caribbean cruise on board Equinox. Photos include the ship, plus port and excursion photos from Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Fort Lauderdale. Enjoy and feel free to comment. http://www.proszowski.com

Thank you for sharing your very, very nice photos. We too, are cruising the Equinox next Feb. with same itinerary. After looking at your excellent pictures, I am now wishing my life away wanting February to be here.

Thanks so much sharing this information. Just Outstanding Photos!!!

Thanks for sharing these amazing photos. I love the close up shots of the performers inside the theater. Did you use the 24-105 for these as well?

Best Regards!

Yes, the 24-105 is good for more challenging conditions such as the shows, I pushed the ISO fairly high but the results are still fairly good.

Thanks again for the info regarding the lens you are using. I have a 24-70 f2.8L. Though it does not have the reach of the 24-105, I will try to use this for the show on my next cruise. I have never tried shooting the performaces inside the theater. You make it seem like it could be a lot of fun.

:D

For those interested, I finally finished posting photos fom our Caribbean cruise on board Equinox. Photos include the ship, plus port and excursion photos from Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Fort Lauderdale. Enjoy and feel free to comment. http://www.proszowski.com

Can you tell me if Equinox has a 'bolero's' type lounge, or any latin music venue, such as the Millenium has? We are trying to decide on Millie or Equinox for December cruise, my DH loves the latin band...so he's leaning toward Millie, I want to try the 'Solstice' class ships! Any input on the entertainment would be greatly appreciated.

Archived