Penalty for adding person

Rhitson88

Me and my girlfreind are going on the Emerald Princess on August 29th. Question,her father would like to go but isn't sure who to bring. Obviously divorced. If he just books it himself now and pays double occupancy, whats the penalty if he decides he wants to add someone to the room if he does find someone. Full payment started being due on the 15th of July I believe. Please let me know. Thanks.

There is a maximum passenger capacity for each ship. This number exceeds the number of passenger berths. It is possible that there may be a problem trying to add another passenger to a cabin. You might want to check with Princess before he puts out the money

Final payment has already been due. Its in a month and a half. So he would have to pay full. I am asking now that its so close would he be better off waiting and risking it or just booking it and adding someone later? Whats the penalty like?

Look at Princess.com for the cancellation policy. The amount he would lose depends on the date cancelled. As he gets closer in, he will lose more money. How full is the cruise? If you see a lot of categories open he may be able to add another person. I would definately tell him to wait, unless he is perfectly ok with paying the single rate worse scenario.:):)

I've never heard or read of a penalty for booking an additional person. If he books a single he will pay a double rate plus tax and government fees for one person. If another person decides to go with him, the rate would only be increased by the tax and fees charged per person.

That's assuming there is still space available on the sailing. Just because the cabin can hold 2 persons while only one is booked does not mean the ship isn't at capacity. Many people book last minute with the belief it's cheaper (never has been for us, the fare has always skyrocketed after final payments on our cruises). If he feels strongly that he may find a travel companion, he should perhaps book for two now and cancel the second person closer to the sail date.

Archived