Solutions to no door on bathroom

CaptData

Many have said they do not like the new design of no door on bathroom so I thought that we could think of ways to help the shy.

1. This was thought of by KruisinKath on 28 Aug thread. Bring section cups for the over the door holder that use to go on the bathroom door. You could put it on back of entry door or on closet door.

2. (I added) You could use them for various things besides the door holder thingy. Wet bathing suits. Hold roomkeys that are on lanyards on the door for use use and sfae keep.

3. Buy a stick on pull off mural for the shower enclosure like the Christmas window things. Palm trees or fish would keep theme going.

LOL.

I understand some peoples' concern..Do not share them bcs I am traveling with DH. I didn't get ready in the traditional bathrooms on other ships they would get to foggy and hot. So no change here. I usually took my shower and finished in the room..

Now in order to help those that need to cover up.

Take the beach towels they leave in the room and hang that over the shower. It is long enough to cover the parts you need covered.

Get a magnet and bring it with you that says occupied. so that if you are in the shower and do not want somone opening the stateroom door you put your occupied magnet on the outside of the door.

Many have said they do not like the new design of no door on bathroom so I thought that we could think of ways to help the shy.

1. This was thought of by KruisinKath on 28 Aug thread. Bring section cups for the over the door holder that use to go on the bathroom door. You could put it on back of entry door or on closet door.

2. (I added) You could use them for various things besides the door holder thingy. Wet bathing suits. Hold roomkeys that are on lanyards on the door for use use and sfae keep.

3. Buy a stick on pull off mural for the shower enclosure like the Christmas window things. Palm trees or fish would keep theme going.

LOL! We are traveling during Halloween. I can just see that scary witch pull off mural hanging up on our shower door!!!

LOL! We are traveling during Halloween. I can just see that scary witch pull off mural hanging up on our shower door!!!

lol...Thats great!!

I dont thing NCL expected this much potty talk!!!

Bring section cups for the over the door holder that use to go on the bathroom door. You could put it on back of entry door or on closet door.

I have absolutely NO problem with the shower/potty issue.

However, the suction cup idea for the bathing suits :eek::eek::eek: OMG, I'm so glad you posted this! Seriously! I am going to bring some just for that. That way I will be able to come back and hang up my bathing suit to dry. What a terrific idea. :)

It's called the balcony door. :D

In August - it will be 90+ degrees and 90+ humidity... I think I would put up with the steamy room. Hey - Steve, have you checked out our sailing's facebook page lately? There is a water slide challenge, rock wall climbing constest and possible swim suit in the Ice bar constest you might want to consider joining. :cool::eek::D

In August - it will be 90+ degrees and 90+ humidity... I think I would put up with the steamy room. Hey - Steve, have you checked out our sailing's facebook page lately? There is a water slide challenge, rock wall climbing constest and possible swim suit in the Ice bar constest you might want to consider joining. :cool::eek::D

Perhaps a "parka on the balcony" contest... ;)

This is great! I'm missing all the fun on the EPIC SHOWER thread -- it absolutely will not open for me now. :( I have a new power pack, a new hard drive and souped-up memory. So what gives? The site techs can't figure it out. Anyone want to take a whirl at this one?

I'll be bringing a banner of some sort to hang over the just-a-little-too-European-for-me doors!

If I had one of my (many) hot flashes in the ice bar' date=' it would be easy to do;)[/quote']

Ha ha ha Thanks! Now I've got an image of a woman in a fur coat, sitting on what's left of a chair sculpted out of ice, with little whisps of steam escaping from under her butt... :p Funny... she looks a lot like me... :eek::p

lol...Thats great!!

I dont thing NCL expected this much potty talk!!!

If they didn't, they should have when someone suggested this cabin design. Then again, cruiseline executives don't always think of things that would be obvious to most people.:rolleyes: Sometimes that is a good thing and can result in innovative things that turn out to be extremely popular and can dramatically change the cruise experience, but sometimes the results can be disastrous.:)

I'm in a cabin with my Mom, sister, and a friend, so we'd prefer more, rather than less, privacy. I saw the picture of the bathroom door in the link below, and figured we better come up with our own door hanger to warn those who were out of the cabin when one decides to take a shower or use the toilet. The Do Not Disturb sign won't work because we put that out whenever anyone is in the cabin so the steward doesn't bother us.

Here are some of my suggestions. Feel free to add yours!

Don't Enter if You Just Ate!

For Both Our Sakes, Stay Out!

I WILL Shove That Camera Up Your ***!

http://cruisecriticuk.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/too-much-information/

The door to the toilet is a regular door. It is not a frosted glass door. Should have total privacy there.

Nope. From Captain Greybeard's blog about the standard balcony cabin he stayed in:

And the bathroom? Well there isn't one. On one side of the cabin door is a shower cubicle with a frosted glass screen. On the other is a similar space with a similar screen, and behind it is the lavatory. A handbasin and soap dispenser and a mirrored cabinet are out in the cabin at the end of the bed.

As the sister of SueSea, I had to come up with a few ideas of my own. I was thinking of bringing a dollar store shower curtain to hang on the OUTSIDE of the shower, and painting on it: CAUTION: OBJECTS IN THE FROSTED GLASS ARE SMALLER THAN THEY APPEAR. I love the idea of cabin stewards posing in front of it, laughing.

My other thoughts went something like this: Hmmm... there is a NICE curtain closing off the balcony. What if we put a bucket out there? We wouldn't need the toilet! It's GOT to be more private than the see-through bathroom.

My other thought was to bring wire hangers that can hang on the suction cups and completely cover the shower and bathroom doors with shirts, pants, towels, pareos, life preservers, what have you.

Ooh, then I thought of bringing those crayons or markers that write on glass and wash off. Every day we could write messages on the outside of the glass, again, for the amusement of our cabin steward. They work hard: they deserve a laugh.

This is so much more fun than real doors!

Archived