Alalska plus repositioning cruise.

Skallywag

We have booked the first Disney Wonder cruise leaving LA on the 27th April 2011 and continuing to Alaka on the 3rd May 2011 returning to Vancouver.

Am wondering what the weather could be like at that time of year or is this just too early for this.

Would welcome any help and advice.

Many thanks.

For the first 1/2 of May, I would say probably chilly weather. This site might be helpful to you: http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Visitor/clim.html

This page http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Climate/Climographs/JNU.html shows average highs and lows, but look also for weekly highs and lows (not averages) on another site. You will see that no one can predict your temperatures, as it will vary widely.

Don't forget to add in the wind chill factor, whether from actual wind or movement of the boat; you can see that you will need to dress warmly!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I know you just cannot predict weather outlook as it has been dreadful here in the UK so far this year. ~Wanted some advise from anyone that has been at this time of year and if it is worth it or best to wait.

Many thanks for your help.

I think with those dates it will likely be the very first ship to Alaska next year and you will probably find it cool and quite wet...but with Disney anything can happen.:) We even find that the repositioning cruises from Los Angeles to Vancouver do not enjoy real poolside weather in early to mid-May.

I have gone in this same timeframe- end of April into May. It is chancey and actually the above poster going a week later, is a different story, that is how much the differences can be in early May. Improving day by day.

We had 6 out of 7 days of cold rain.

Archived