Delos

mustcruisemore

We will be arriving in Mykonos at 1:00 which poses a problem for ferrying to Delos since the last ferry is around 12:00 or so. However, we looked on the HAL site and was able to book an excursion through the ship (would rather have not done a ship tour, but that seemed to be the only option to see Delos) that states that it departs at 2:00 pm and the tour is around 4 hours. So my question is this: if everyone is required to be off of Delos at 3:00 how is the ship able to do a tour that lasts for 4 hours whereby departing the island of Delos around 5:15?

Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm not sure how, but ship's tours somehow circumvent this. We had the same thing happen on our Princess cruise. (i.e., the ship arrived around noon and the Delos tour at 2:00 pm). Rest assured you'll be allowed to complete the tour.

Just FYI, when we were there I believe the snack bar closed promptly at 3:00. We were able to see the museum, however.

I'm not sure how, but ship's tours somehow circumvent this. We had the same thing happen on our Princess cruise. (i.e., the ship arrived around noon and the Delos tour at 2:00 pm). Rest assured you'll be allowed to complete the tour.

Just FYI, when we were there I believe the snack bar closed promptly at 3:00. We were able to see the museum, however.

Great! I was a little worried that possibly HAL had included this excursion mistakenly. Good to know others have done the same thing. It makes sense though, as Delos would potentially be missing out on a lot of tourist dollars by not being flexible with the 3:00 exit time.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Great! I was a little worried that possibly HAL had included this excursion mistakenly. Good to know others have done the same thing. It makes sense though, as Delos would potentially be missing out on a lot of tourist dollars by not being flexible with the 3:00 exit time.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Please understand that the exit time is based on when the last ferry sails back to Mykonos. Pirvate boats are not allowed on Delos. The ship will have made arrangements for a special charter.

We will be arriving in Mykonos at 1:00 which poses a problem for ferrying to Delos since the last ferry is around 12:00 or so. However, we looked on the HAL site and was able to book an excursion through the ship (would rather have not done a ship tour, but that seemed to be the only option to see Delos) that states that it departs at 2:00 pm and the tour is around 4 hours. So my question is this: if everyone is required to be off of Delos at 3:00 how is the ship able to do a tour that lasts for 4 hours whereby departing the island of Delos around 5:15?

Anyone have any experience with this?

How much was the cost of the excursion if you dont mind me asking? We usually dont do ships tours also but dont want to miss this site when were are so close to it. Thanks Larry

We did the same thing with Celebrity. We neer take ship tours, but there were no other options available to us.I don't know if I would do it again, as others have said the museum was closed and so we missed many import artifacts.

Karen

How much was the cost of the excursion if you dont mind me asking? We usually dont do ships tours also but dont want to miss this site when were are so close to it. Thanks Larry

The cost was $94.00US/person. I am with you on not taking ship tours but it seemed to be the only option in light of the late arrival time.

Archived