Touring St Thomas and/or St Marteem

A question for all those frequent eastern Caribbean cruisers.

Is there a good short (riding) tour that will take a person around the islands.

We have previously been to both islands, and would like to site-see around both.

Advice or suggestions welcome.

Thank You

A question for all those frequent eastern Caribbean cruisers.

Is there a good short (riding) tour that will take a person around the islands.

We have previously been to both islands, and would like to site-see around both.

Advice or suggestions welcome.

Thank You

Check out the port of call boards for some great suggestions. While I have not done it personally, I hear great things about Bernard's Tour on St. Maarten.

I've been to both St. Thomas and St. Martin/St. Marteen. We bought sightseeing tours at both ports right at the pier. They were both in 15 passenger vans, a lot more comfortable than large tour buses!

Another vote for Bernards. Professional, clean passenger vans and the driver stays with you. Used Sunny Liston in St. Thomas. The tour we went on in St. Thomas had too much time for shopping imho.

• 1 month later...

Joyce Prince also has an awesome tour of SXM.

http://www.joyceprince.com/

Have used her twice now. Once on a private tour of the island and the other a private group tour.

She provided us with everything we asked for including seeing all the parts of the island we wanted to see and providing us the refreshments we asked for.

Bernards tour is the absolute best tour of an island we've ever been on. We booked directly with them. We went around the entire island. We stopped to shop...we stopped and took great photos..we got to to Maho Bay (which was THE highlight of my son's cruise!) and I cannot say enough good about this tour company.

We we returned to the port, one of our ladies realized she had forgotten to stop at a drugstore and really needed something. Our tour guide took her and her husband back out to make the stop they needed. (of course, they gave him an extra tip). I cannot say enough good about these folks!

Have a great time! :D

Just to follow up: we returned from our cruise yesterday. Our tour with Papa Bear (www.havefunwithus.net) was outstanding! I've been to St Thomas many times, yet he managed to show us many things that I've never seen before. We visited many non-touristy places. He is highly informative and has a very strong passion for his island. Because we were a party of 10, we were able to book his half-day private tour and specifically asked for no shopping time. The highlights of our tour included the ride around the island in the open air bus, the Botanical Gardens, and Sapphire Beach.

Thanks to the OP for posting and thanks to all you cruise fans out there for answering. I will definitely bookmark Bernard's website. We have a large family group cruising next May and I was trying to figure out how to see all around the island and have time to shop and see Maho Beach as well. It says a 12-passenger mini-van tour is $599, which is only $49pp. I think this sounds like quite a deal for a day-long tour, especially considering the price of a ship's excursion these days. Looking forward to doing this- hope my family likes the idea too. Thanks!

Is it possible to get a Bernards' trip at the pier when we dock?

I do hope they take you to the beach at the time when the big jets come in ( I am sure this is the case, since they are familiar with the airport schedules).

I do hope they take you to the beach at the time when the big jets come in ( I am sure this is the case, since they are familiar with the airport schedules).

I booked this for our upcoming cruise in October. You must book it at his website. They do not take walk ups.

http://www.bernardstours.com/

I booked this for our upcoming cruise in October. You must book it at his website. They do not take walk ups.

http://www.bernardstours.com/

Thank you.....always afraid to do tours that are not ship sponsored....but, want to go to the beach to see the jets. Thank you again....will have to talk this over with the family.

We booked in advance. We were expecting to see the jets. But did not. Big disappointment. Be sure to ask and don't assume, like we did.

Thank you.....always afraid to do tours that are not ship sponsored....but, want to go to the beach to see the jets. Thank you again....will have to talk this over with the family.

We did it off the ship to Maho with no problem. Used a taxi.

In St. Thomas me and my wife did the tour called Christmas Cove and Honeymoon Beach Sail and Snorkel tour. It was operated by a company called "Bones" I believe. We had an amazing time snorkeling at 2 snorkeling spots and then went to a very quiet beach which was awesome. One of the highlights of our trip.

Archived