Opinions on cabin choice

We love the JS and Sky suites. For a short cruise I would use the money for something else, on a longer one it would be great. Unless you really want the extra perks that come with a suite and the credits will already be the same in a JS. JS are not considered suites on RC, but they are on Celebrity, which is why we have done more on Celebrity lately.

ENJOY!!!:D:D

Really $400 isn't that much more so I would try the Grand Suite just to check it out. I love the aft cabins and book them whenever I can, but I have never tried a Grand Suite. The price difference is usually at least $1000 more than a JS for a 7-night cruise. It's too hard to justify the extra expense since a JS is large enough for hubby and I. A grand suite would be nice though.

It's hard to suggest someone spend the extra $400 without knowing their financial situation. I don't want to know it either, but if money is no object, then go for it.

Personally, I don't think a JS or higher is worth it on shorter cruises, but that's just me.

If the $400 isn't a problem, a GS for 14 days would be heavenly...all that added space! ( 110 sq. ft of extra room!) Of course, a JS is lovely, too....

On a 14 day cruise, $400 would be well worth it, but they said a 4 day cruise. That's a little different. It's an extra $100 per day.

On a 14 day cruise, $400 would be well worth it, but they said a 4 day cruise. That's a little different. It's an extra $100 per day.
OP said $400 total so I'm going to assume that's for two people so only $200 pp or $50 pp/day extra. Access to the concierge lounge and other suite perks as well as the extra space would be worth it, assuming it's within OP's budget. I'd like to try one and would probably do so for an extra $400 total.

Added: $400 for 14-nights would be a steal. I wish that would happen.

Access to the concierge lounge and other suite perks as well as the extra space would be worth it,

Has Grandeur added a Concierge Lounge? With the bigger ships, there are more perks. I'm not sure I'd do it on a small ship (I LOVE Grandeur) for a 4 day.

Has Grandeur added a Concierge Lounge? With the bigger ships, there are more perks. I'm not sure I'd do it on a small ship (I LOVE Grandeur) for a 4 day.
Legend (also Vision class) had a concierge lounge when we were onboard. It was in the card room, which still shows as the card room on the deck plans. Rhapsody didn't have a dedicated concierge lounge but had a set-up in the evenings for diamond & suite guests. It was in that room next to the Schooner Bar. I haven't been on Grandeur so I just assumed (maybe incorrectly) it had something similar for the suite guests.

Hi. I'm looking at a 4 day cruise on the Grandeur. I have an Aft JS on deck 8 reserved, I think 8088. I can get a Grand Suite for $400 more (total).

I love Aft balcony cabins but have never been in a Grand Suite. Opinions??:)

We sailed the Grandeur in JS 8588, the cabin next to the one you have booked. It was the best cabin we ever had. The balcony is huge, the view of the wake is awesome, and the cabin is very spacious. The part of the balcony near the cabin is covered and the part near the railing is sunny, the perfect combination. We had 2 lounge chairs and a table on the balcony with room to spare.

We sailed over New Year's for10 days, and the weather was poor with a lot of rain showers. Our tablemates couldn't understand why we were so tan with all the showers we had every afternoon. Well, we sat in the sun and moved our chases back to prottect us from the brief showers and then back into the sun.

We have also stayed in a Grand Suite on the Explorer, and the only thing I liked about it was that the bathroom was huge, but there was a lot of wasted space in the suite, with a large bar area that was useless, as we couldn't order a bar set-up.

Also, the GS didn't have a walk in closet like the JR suite we had.

I would definitely stay with the JS you are holding.

Thanks everyone! I'm sticking with the JS- I know I'd be second guessing my decision when I'm sitting on the GS balcony. It's just that the pricing was so close I thought maybe just maybe;)

Schmeed- on this particular sailing the JS was less than a D1! And I'll take a JS anytime I can if only for the bigger bathroom!!

Jimbo- Grandeur first and foremost because of the date and length, my daughter is only giving me a few days so I had to squeeze it in. I like the smaller ships though and the aft balconies are amazing! Out of Lauderdale this July it's only Oasis or Grandeur and Miami is Liberty or Majesty.

Kylie & BSGS- Thanks for reminding me how great the afts are, if I had a midship JS I would have switched in a heartbeat for only $400!!!

Archived