Would you do or Have you done the same/similar cruise twice?

globalwife

DH and I took our first cruise in January and we loved it! We live in Colombia, South America so very few cruises leave from this area and it gets too expensive to take one out of other ports once you add in cost of visas, flights, etc. Plus we love that the cruise line that departs from here (Pullmantur) is all-inclusive (alcohol included). So here we are thinking about taking the cruise again next year. The ship is going to be the same and the route will be very similar but a tad different. Unfortunately, the differences are not very exciting. I guess the biggest difference might be that we are thinking to do it over Christmas, which is also DH's B-day. The price will be a tad lower this time too. Just wanted to hear from anyone that has repeated the same cruise or that has thought about it. Would you do it? What opinions do you have about it.

I have taken the same itinerary twice, but on different ships. I have twice sailed from Miami to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I have also sailed from Los Angeles to PV, Mazatlan and Cabo twice. So far I have not repeated a ship, but I have sailed on sister ships (same layout - different theme).

So, would I do it? Yes.

Hi My first cruise was Carnival Valor and LOVED it. When we were planning our second, we decided to go again!! We were going to do Mexico but right around the time we were planning Swine Flu broke out! So after looking around we just said, lets go again. The only difference was instead of Honduras we had Costa Maya the second time. We really had the best time! Both times!!!!

Next up is a short one to the Bahamas.... Who knows, maybe I will do this one again!!!

I live in Texas so Galveston is my usual port. I've done same cruise several times simply because, for me, being on the ship is the greatest part of the cruise, and I don't have airfare on top of cruise cost. I've been out of NO and going out of Cape Canaveral (sp?) in Sept, but I enjoy my repeats from Galveston very much.

Thanks everyone for your replies. They were very helpful. Just wanted to let you know we did decide to to book this one again. We are now resereved for our second cruise!!! :)

:D :D :D :D

I hope you have a nice trip on your second Pullmantur cruise. I know I did with my Pacific Dream cruise after having done the Holiday Dream, both out of Santo Domingo. We've both discovered RCCL's secret cruise line.

I hope you have a nice trip on your second Pullmantur cruise. I know I did with my Pacific Dream cruise after having done the Holiday Dream, both out of Santo Domingo. We've both discovered RCCL's secret cruise line.

That's awesome Downdie! Finally someone who understands what I am talking about. Hahaha! Although I have never been on any other cruise line, I can say that Pullmantur is my favorite!!!

We have done two Eastern Caribbean cruises, but they had different iteneraries, though two ports were the same (St. Maarten and St. Thomas). Our first was a 7-day, and then we recently did a 9-day.

We have been on the same ship twice - we went on the Mariner of the Seas for both Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises.

And then we've always said that one day, we want to do the 7-day Alaskan cruise on the Radiance of the Seas (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan), again. It's been ten years, now, and it's still our favorite itenerary.

Just booked our 3rd cruise RT to Hawaii from LA. It will be the first time we will be on a ship we have taken once before and we are really excited!

The first time to Hawaii in 2009 I had been on the ship less than 24 hours and when the Capt announced how far we had to go to reach the islands I was shocked at myself that I completely forgot we were going to Hawaii!!!!

We love being on the ship, sea days and for me it is my first destination and home! We enjoy port stops, but LOVE the ship more!

Yes we have and several times. I am sure it will happen again. Several hours is never enough time in a port so returning is not a problem to us. We rarely spend much time in the immediate port area but rather tend to explore the location we are in. A return allows us to go in another direction or to a neighboring island or city. We actually have several ports that we are on a first name basis with shop or restaurant owners....its great to go back and see "friends."

DH and I took our first cruise in January and we loved it! We live in Colombia, South America so very few cruises leave from this area and it gets too expensive to take one out of other ports once you add in cost of visas, flights, etc. Plus we love that the cruise line that departs from here (Pullmantur) is all-inclusive (alcohol included). So here we are thinking about taking the cruise again next year. The ship is going to be the same and the route will be very similar but a tad different. Unfortunately, the differences are not very exciting. I guess the biggest difference might be that we are thinking to do it over Christmas, which is also DH's B-day. The price will be a tad lower this time too. Just wanted to hear from anyone that has repeated the same cruise or that has thought about it. Would you do it? What opinions do you have about it.

We were on the Victory in Jan 2009, I tried to find something differnt for our upcoming cruise, I kept going back to the Victory. We loved the itinerary, and ports, so we booked it again. I think I would have to go to a port many many times to get bored. :D

Archived