New Caveat to the New price drop policy!

Just found out after being given the run around, that there is a new caveat to the new price drop policy.

If you have a guarantee category booking and HAVE been berthed (cabin assigned) you can no longer go back into the guarantee pool UNLESS the price code is changed. If the price drop is within the same fare code they will no longer honor the drop or let you go back to the guarantee category.

And was it a reservation made after May 17?

Thanks for the update, Sue. My goodness, they are really putting their reps through their paces, aren't they?

My reservation was made in March so well before the new policy date of May 17th, this seems to be for ALL booking regardless of the date.

Just found out after being given the run around, that there is a new caveat to the new price drop policy.

If you have a guarantee category booking and HAVE been berthed (cabin assigned) you can no longer go back into the guarantee pool UNLESS the price code is changed. If the price drop is within the same fare code they will no longer honor the drop or let you go back to the guarantee category.

I'm interested in this because I do presently have a cruise outside of final payment, booked in a guarantee but I can't follow your comments because I don't understand what you mean by a fare code category...could you please explain in really simple terms and short words for my benefit? :D

I'm interested in this because I do presently have a cruise outside of final payment, booked in a guarantee but I can't follow your comments because I don't understand what you mean by a fare code category...could you please explain in really simple terms and short words for my benefit? :D

Fare code is the code you were booked under, it could be a whynot, resident, senior etc or just plain LAF which is lowest available fare.

So let's say you were booked just in the plain old LAF and now they added a resident discount, you could get price drop because you would be changing fare codes from LAF to resident special.

Also if you booked the above cruise BEFORE May 17th then you are eligible for the price drops up to 72 hours before sailing as long as it meets the criteria.

Got it???? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the explanation, I think I get it.

So, if you were booked under a LAF, and the cruise line just drops the price of the lowest available fare, you are out of luck, but if they suddenly decide to give say a special senior rate for that cruise, you could switch to that rate (assuming you qualify) and then get the price drop, or ask to go back into the guarantee pool?

One last question, how do I find out for sure what code I was booked under? I don't notice anything like that when I check my reservation on line.

I still don't understand this. Maybe it's too early.

It sounds like you cannot get price drops if it is just a normal category drop, but you can get a drop if it is a residency special, etc.

Also, it seems like you have a choice of price drop or going back into the pool? Or can you do both?

Thanks for the explanation, I think I get it.

So, if you were booked under a LAF, and the cruise line just drops the price of the lowest available fare, you are out of luck, but if they suddenly decide to give say a special senior rate for that cruise, you could switch to that rate (assuming you qualify) and then get the price drop, or ask to go back into the guarantee pool?

One last question, how do I find out for sure what code I was booked under? I don't notice anything like that when I check my reservation on line.

It would be on your invoice from RCCL or your TA, not on the website

I still don't understand this. Maybe it's too early.

It sounds like you cannot get price drops if it is just a normal category drop, but you can get a drop if it is a residency special, etc.

Also, it seems like you have a choice of price drop or going back into the pool? Or can you do both?

No choice, you MUST go back into the pool and the fare code MUST change to get a drop on a guarantee now IF you have been assigned a cabin. If a cabin wasn't assigned yet then you don't have to have a fare code change and can just get the drop. You think they could have made it anymore confusing?

No choice, you MUST go back into the pool and the fare code MUST change to get a drop on a guarantee now IF you have been assigned a cabin. If a cabin wasn't assigned yet then you don't have to have a fare code change and can just get the drop. You think they could have made it anymore confusing?

Confusing and bad. So if you get assigned a cabin you like, and there is a price drop that is applicable, you have to risk your cabin or not get a drop. Plus, some people get their assignment right away and others get it much later, so it's totally random whether or not you will be eligible for any drops that occur, depending on when you get assigned.

Maybe they will offset the confusion aspect by having really good gurantee prices going forward; or maybe it will just stay at confusing and bad.

They are basically finding clever ways NOT to have to honor price drops....I am sure we can look forward to many more of these changes:rolleyes:...bottom line is they are really going to start to push people to waiting it out to book...just like the airlines.

The policy on GTY has always been this:

Say, you book an X gty and get berthed in a category Q. If the price for an X gty goes down, you can accept the X gty and get put back into the pool or keep your current rate and keep your stateroom.

If you just want to go back into the pool (no price drop) this is not "officially" allowed. You could, however, change from cat Q to another cat Q once assigned.

Now, for the new policy because of the BPG policy. After final payment, you cannot go back into the pool because it is considered a "downgrade" which is not allowed after final payment. You can get the lower pricing, as long as you maintain your same berthing. And they will honor the drop within the same pricecode, whoever told you that was incorrect. Unless it was after final payment.

My reservation was made in March so well before the new policy date of May 17th, this seems to be for ALL booking regardless of the date.

Old policy, then. Bookings made May 17th forward are all new policy, May 16th back are old policy.

Now, for the new policy because of the BPG policy. After final payment, you cannot go back into the pool because it is considered a "downgrade" which is not allowed after final payment. You can get the lower pricing, as long as you maintain your same berthing. And they will honor the drop within the same pricecode, whoever told you that was incorrect. Unless it was after final payment.

She read it to me right off their directive, it just changed the other day and effects ALL bookings according to her.

You are not allowed to announce on this site you are a travel agent. Delete the Liberty stuff. I do not agree with this. Also do not agree with not publishing cruise prices/ where they are offered OR asking for a cruise share. But thanks for heads up on above. Pretty soon one will need a college degree to book a cruise.

You are not allowed to announce on this site you are a travel agent. Delete the Liberty stuff. I do not agree with this. Also do not agree with not publishing cruise prices/ where they are offered OR asking for a cruise share. But thanks for heads up on above. Pretty soon one will need a college degree to book a cruise.

I most certainly AM allowed to have my company name in my signature. Go read the rules.

Archived