Holiday Inn Express in Quebec-Anybody stayed there?

We have booked the New England/Canada cruise with Princess for mid-September.

We plan on staying one extra night in Quebec post-cruise. Regarding hotels, we are debating between the Holiday Inn Express or the Courtyard by Marriott. The later looks like it is right in old town. The Holiday Inn seems to be offering free shuttle service into town and is about $30 cheaper.

I am just wondering how far out of town the Holiday Inn Express is and how convenient the shuttle service is, and how often they actually run the free shuttle.

Has anybody stayed at the Holiday Inn??

I did see a few favorable remarks here on the Courtyard by Marriott.

Thanks for any response.

We have booked the New England/Canada cruise with Princess for mid-September.

We plan on staying one extra night in Quebec post-cruise. Regarding hotels, we are debating between the Holiday Inn Express or the Courtyard by Marriott. The later looks like it is right in old town. The Holiday Inn seems to be offering free shuttle service into town and is about $30 cheaper.

I am just wondering how far out of town the Holiday Inn Express is and how convenient the shuttle service is, and how often they actually run the free shuttle.

Has anybody stayed at the Holiday Inn??

I did see a few favorable remarks here on the Courtyard by Marriott.

Thanks for any response.

The Courtyard's location is killer. Right on Place d'Youville, just outside the city walls, lots of restaurants, shopping, walk to everything... heck, in a pinch, you could walk from the dock (or take the free Ecolobus). The hotel itself is fairly new (maybe 3-4 years old) and looks beautiful.

The HIX is in the 'burbs. And far. I'm thinking the shuttle bus would probably take you 20 minutes at least to go to Old Québec. It's really best for someone with a car, as it's right beside the highway and bridges crossing the St. Lawrence.

I'm cheap, but for me, the Courtyard is well worth an extra $30.

There are lots of hotels in the old city. Some are small and old, but they have beds and private bathrooms. That's all I need. When we go in off season, we just drive in and look in the block behind the Chateau Frontenac.

Check Trip Advisor. It is certainly worth your while to be centrally located. The evening strolling is great. There are options under the B&B heading in the centre of town for under $100. One of them is L'Auberge Saint Louis.

Archived