Liberty questions

Hello. My DH and our 3 grown children will be sailing LOS for New Years:D. We have not been on a cruise in 6 years!!

So, do tell.... Deck 6 balcony 6238 any info would be great. How is the deck chair situation at the pools? What dining venues are free? Is there any one place I can get the low down w/o continuing to post annoying question LOL?

Thanks in advance.

Have sailed on Liberty twice. She is a great ship. Both times we had a promenade cabin.

We NEVER found a deck chair by the pool or any other place during our seven days except -- one day we found two at the very rear of the ship (outside the teen disco I believe). The usual problem with saving chairs and nothing done about it.

Certainly not free, but included in your cruise price you can dine without an extra charge at the main dining room, Windjammer/Jade, Sorrento's, Cafe Promenade, and of course room service.

You can do a search under Royal Caribbean and then "liberty."

I'm sure you will have a great time and hopefully better luck in finding deck chairs! Enjoy.........

As long as you don't have to be within 3 feet of the actual pool, there are loungers on the upper decks, and they're not as jammed together as those right next to the pool. Shouldn't be an issue.

Deck 6 will almost require elevator usage to get to the pool/WJ and points above. I prefer being higher. 6238 is fairly far forward....so the forward elevator/stairs will be the closest option for you.

ok great to know! How about dress codes. Are there formal nights? I would assume New Years Eve will be dressy but what's the story on the other nights? Business casual, resort wear- no shorts-? I remember this being a touchy subject in the past so I apologize in advance if this stirs the pot.

Lounge chairs were empty at 7 AM :-)

Yes, for a 7 day cruise there will be 2 formal nights. The rest of the nights are pretty much casual....you'll see everything from people all gussied up to people wearing army fatigues (yes, we were at a table with the army fatigues guy).

Portofino's and Chops (the pay restaurants) do enforce the dress code though...and it must be pants for men and skirt/dress/pants for women.

Just returned for LOS Western Caribbean Itinerary (June 20th sailing). We stayed on Deck 6 connecting E1 cabins 6538 and 6536 and thought our cabins were great location wise. Just have to remember what end of the ship you're room is located on :). We were one floor above the Promenade and very close to the pizza which worked out great for my kids. We also had easy access to view the parade. We had no issues getting a chair near the pool the only day that was crowded was the last day at sea, but it wasn't too bad.

Would love to do this itinerary again now that I know the following:

Favorite stop Labadee - LOVED the Zip Line and the dragon coaster. The line for the coaster was short and you could have a passenger ride at no additional cost. The guys bringing the chairs and cabanas were really nice and not pushy at all. I had no problem tipping them as they were more than happy to give us all the chairs we needed and two cabanas. The island had plenty of space and not crowded when we arrived...loved that.

Ocho Rios - First I was shocked that the tax was 17% there...really cuts back on the souvenirs purchased in the shops.

If you don't book an excursion it can be really frustrating being hassled by the locals to take a tour or excursion from them. We didn't plan anything here because my youngest daughter was too small for the really fun excursions. We did end up taking a tour of the city from a driver (with a red plate of course) and it was one of the best experiences we could have given our kids. Dunns River Falls was jammed packed, but our driver took us down the street to a small fall called "Lover's Fall" and there were locals who were more than happy to help our girls climb the falls and get wonderful pictures no one there but us....was great. He also took us around Spice Mountain where he stopped so many times to point out plants and fruit for us to smell and touch. We had bananas and mangos and saw so many spices that we use all the time growing wild all over the place. Introduced us to the "spice man" who had wonderful things to offer and our kids got to see a fire blower who entertained them for a few minutes for a couple of dollars. Our driver made it clear that we were not there to purchase so we were not hounded to bad when we stopped, because everyone is trying to make a living there since tourism is how they survive. Also everyone wants to show you Mick Jaggers house.

I'm going to stop because I can go on and on and on about the trip and the things I saw and learned and will do differently at each stop.:D

I don't recall a 17% tax in Jamaica and I have been there several times. Is this something new?

Don't know but that's what it was last week when we shopped. I found out before I got to the register only because there were other people ahead of me in the line and was shocked when they got their total. That 17% really makes a difference and there were several of us putting things back....didn't want to blow the budget on one stop. :)

Hello. My DH and our 3 grown children will be sailing LOS for New Years:D. We have not been on a cruise in 6 years!!

So, do tell.... Deck 6 balcony 6238 any info would be great. How is the deck chair situation at the pools? What dining venues are free? Is there any one place I can get the low down w/o continuing to post annoying question LOL?

Thanks in advance.

Just returned from LOS this past Sunday the 4th. I would not hit the pool until noon and I didn't have a problem finding chairs on Deck 12. Actually preferred that so I could look down onto the people in the pool and still got a breeze.

Can't help you with the room as we were deck 10, GS 1288 with connecting D1 1286. We LOVED or room and the location.

Jade/Windjammer are free and thank goodness for the free pizza on the Promenade along with the coffee shop every morning!:D

Wish I had known b4 I went - the luggage valet and transportation back to the airport. So I signed up for the luggage valet and that was WAY worth it! You don't have to carry your luggage through customs. They take it to the airport, and put it on the plane for you! BUT there was no mention about optional transportation to Miami or Fll arpt. Much easier than waiting for a taxi! :rolleyes:

We have sailed on Freedom (Liberty's sister-ship) and were always able to find plenty of deck chairs. If you want to be right up against the pool, then obviously the selection is limited.

If we find chairs that are not being used that have items on them, we simply do the people who lost their stuff a favor and return their items to lost and found. This frees up more deck chairs.

Archived