Can someone explain Early Saver to me?

heymonkey89

So I booked my cruise on the Dream for Oct. 30 and I just choose the cheapest priced inside cabin. I'm pretty sure I choose the early saver price. I'm on the Empress Level in an inside cabin. I've been watching the price of the cruise to see if it drops. If it does can I get some sort of OBC for the price drop? If we decide we want a balcony cabin can we still upgrade? We are past guest so can we switch to past guest rates if the price drops?

So I booked my cruise on the Dream for Oct. 30 and I just choose the cheapest priced inside cabin. I'm pretty sure I choose the early saver price. I'm on the Empress Level in an inside cabin. I've been watching the price of the cruise to see if it drops. If it does can I get some sort of OBC for the price drop? If we decide we want a balcony cabin can we still upgrade? We are past guest so can we switch to past guest rates if the price drops?

Hi, HeyMonkey! There is another pretty comprehensive thread on this topic on this board. Just search for "early saver" and you should be able to peruse to your heart's content (I think that it is something like 17 pages at this point :D)

Happy Cruising!

Here's a thread I think will help you: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1205219&highlight=early+saver

Basically....when you check for price drops, it must be for the same category, number of pax, sail date and ship. Everything must be the same.

If you are before final payment, the price drop will come off the amount you owe. If after final payment, you would get OBC.

You need to check all prices that you qualify for....senior citizen, past guest, etc. Even if you got a price drop for past guest, you would still be under the ES rate and need to still keep checking rates.

You can get price drops up to 2 business days prior to sail date.

I'm not real sure how the upgrades work, but Ken076 and firefly know alot about it. Hopefully, they'll be along soon to help out more.

HTH

So I booked my cruise on the Dream for Oct. 30 and I just choose the cheapest priced inside cabin. I'm pretty sure I choose the early saver price. I'm on the Empress Level in an inside cabin. I've been watching the price of the cruise to see if it drops. If it does can I get some sort of OBC for the price drop? YES - For adjustments prior to Final Payment you'll get your balance reduced, and for adjustments after Final Payment you'll get OBC. If we decide we want a balcony cabin can we still upgrade? YES - no penalty. We are past guest so can we switch to past guest rates if the price drops? You can get the Past Guest rate, you stay Early Saver booking and can get any subsequent reductions for any fare that you're eligible for.

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates. The Early Saver Price Protection is ONLY for Carnival-advertised rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

Ken

Archived