Postage stamps onboard Carnival Victory

startpacking

I will be on the Victory visiting the following ports:- St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts and St Maarten. I would like would like to send postcards from each island, does Carnival sell stamps onboard for each island?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, here's a stupid question how can I purchase postcards for each island in port if I need to mail the postcards early from the ship? Assuming I go on an all day excursion, I will return to the ship too late to mail the postcards.

Thanks for the replies, I really don't care if the cards take along time to come, provided they do get to the receipients. The longest it took for postcards to reach their destination was 3 months, I had mailed these cards in Russia. Then there are cards that I mailed in Guatemala, Turkey and Nepal which when astray....I just hate that.

Getting back to the Caribbean ports, my orginal plan was to mail the cards when in port, however now that I am looking at joining some shore excursion (especially in Dominica and St Lucia) I am not sure I will free time in port to get some cards, find the post office and mail the postcards.

On my last HAL cruise to Mexico last September, I mailed three postcards from the ship (dropped them in the letter box). The recipients never received them. I would suggest that you hand them to someone at reception instead of the box. I paid a lot of postage for the cards.

Why not buy postcards at the ports, write them out there, buy a stamp there and mail them there. Would this not be a whole lot easier and straight forward.

Have you ever looked for a post office or mail box in a port??? Not easy to find.

Have you ever looked for a post office or mail box in a port??? Not easy to find.

This is where you talk to the locals - I am sure they would be more than willing to help you. When I have been looking for something someone has always taken there wanting to earn a little tip, well worth it.

Archived