bucket o beer?

Does Liberty offer this? Id so, what is the cost and how many beers are in the bucket? Should we expect increase prices on board for alcohol during the New Years Cruise or have they already picked our pockets sufficiently lol?

Buckets, yes - Deals on pricing - no. A bucket of six beers will cost you exactly 6 times the cost of one beer. Prices are around $4.50 - $5.00/beer depending on brand + the auto 15% gratuity.

Buckets, yes - Deals on pricing - no. .

Is this new? On our cruise on Legend last summer they had bucket of beer deals on 2 separate days and they were definitely deals, not a great saving but less than buying the beers individually.

Is this new? On our cruise on Legend last summer they had bucket of beer deals on 2 separate days and they were definitely deals, not a great saving but less than buying the beers individually.

We were on FOS last month, and there were no bucket specials - at least not on real beer. There may have been a bucket deal on swillweiser:rolleyes:

The buckets we had on Legend were along the lines of beers from around the world/or maybe the Med. I do remember that you could choose 5 beers from around 7 and that Peroni was one of them.

The buckets we had on Legend were along the lines of beers from around the world/or maybe the Med. I do remember that you could choose 5 beers from around 7 and that Peroni was one of them.

The one thing I miss from DCL that I wish RCI would adopt is on DCL, buckets (any brand) were always 6-for-5 pricing.

Buckets, yes - Deals on pricing - no. A bucket of six beers will cost you exactly 6 times the cost of one beer. Prices are around $4.50 - $5.00/beer depending on brand + the auto 15% gratuity.

While we have not been on Liberty, we have been on 2 TAs (3rd coming this year), 2 Hawaii cruises, 6 Caribbean cruises, etc over the past 5 years. None of these cruises offered a "discount" for buckets of beer. It may well be that Mediterranean cruises are different in this respect, BUT we have not experienced 'any discount' for the purchase of buckets of beer in MANY years on RCI. In our experience, you can have "as many beers as you wish" in a bucket as long as you pay the going price per beer (plus the auto tip)!!!

Bruce

buckets (any brand) were always 6-for-5 pricing.

Yes, I think that was it - 6-for-5 and I believe you could choose from 7 different beers. Maybe it is a Med thing - anyone else experienced this recently?

There may have been a bucket deal on swillweiser:rolleyes:
We here in Missouri take personal offense to the "Swillweiser" comment !! Just kidding ........ Not Really !! :D :) :D

The buckets are alive and well !! We take one everywhere on board! The deals are very hit and miss. Some still report occasional deals on sea days. On Freedom last summer ..... the greatest beer on the planet ........ Swillweiser Light !!!!! :) ...... was 6 for 6 !!! :)

My DH and I were just on the FOS and they did not have a bucket special. We spoke to the bartender and he said that they stopped doing this about a year ago. Very disappointing. :(

But we still got our bucket of beer... even though it wasn't a cost savings, it still saved us the time going up to the bar and waiting in line.

Archived