Hotel in Sydney near a ho ho stop!

We will be in Sydney next February for three nights before sailing on the Sun Princess. Our ship sails out of Darling Harbour. We would like to get a hotel near one of the ho ho stops. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel near a stop? Should we look for a hotel near Darling Harbour or closer to the Opera House area?:)

I've stayed in many hotels in both the Circular Quay/Rocks area and at Darling Harbour. I think both are good for different reasons, so you probably can't go wrong with either. Any particular reason you want to be near a HOHO stop?

AussieGirl-We were thinking of using the ho-ho as a way to get around and see the sights, so thought it would be more convenient. The things we are interested in doing are: Opera House tour, bridge climb, harbour cruise, and perhaps going to the Shangri-La Hotel for the view from the 36th floor. Where would you recommend that we stay for these activities?:rolleyes:

The things we are interested in doing are: Opera House tour, bridge climb, harbour cruise, and perhaps going to the Shangri-La Hotel for the view from the 36th floor. Where would you recommend that we stay for these activities?
I'd get a hotel near Circular Quay and The Rocks. You don't need a HOHO bus for these places - they're all around Circular Quay.

Archived