Your time dining

SASA13

Have you tried the "your time dining". I have read mixed reviews ( food comes out cold, service is not as good etc), and I am wondering if I made a mistake taking this option.

Your experience would be appreciated.

Have you tried the "your time dining". I have read mixed reviews ( food comes out cold, service is not as good etc), and I am wondering if I made a mistake taking this option.

Your experience would be appreciated.

I've done anytime dining on my past three cruises in 2009 and I am hooked!

We requested the same waitstaff every night, and usually ended up with the same table by the window.

Service was great! We walked up and they rememberd we liked iced tea.

Food was just fine and timing was great because we all sat down together and didnt have to wait on others.

I hope you like it!

We requested the same waitstaff every night, and usually ended up with the same table by the window.

I didn't know that you could do that!

Going to try anytime dining this upcoming cruise, but couldn't commit to it for the longer Thanksgiving cruise. I love that the waitstaff knows your routine.

I didn't know that you could do that!

Going to try anytime dining this upcoming cruise, but couldn't commit to it for the longer Thanksgiving cruise. I love that the waitstaff knows your routine.

Yep...and they even have a little paper "tent" on the table with the names of your head waiter, asst, etc. so you can remember for the next night! We always took note of our table # too.

One night after the captains dinner there was a big rush and we had a 10 min wait....it was fine as the line for the Traditional Dining prob took 10 mins to get into the door with the line.

I have been on two cruises and tried them both, and actually liked both ways. With that being said...I will do the anytime dinning if I don't have the kids with me. I much prefer to eat when I choose to when I am solo, but with the kids I would do early dinning.

Go ahead and try it at least once. If it's not for you, you can always go back to traditional on your next cruise.

We tried it and loved it...We liked going to the dining room when we felt like it and always had a table for two. We were always seated right away except for the first elegant night. The wait that night was for only about 15 minutes. They gave us a pager so we could walk around, so those 15 minutes flew by fast.

We also requested same wait staff every night and it was great! No additional wait occurred for them to grant that request. They actually asked us where we wanted to sit, but after the first couple of nights, they pretty much already knew what we wanted.

heres another positive vote for anytime dining. We did it last week on the Elation, and would never consider going back to the old ways...were hooked on anytime, and also had the same service team all except for 1 night, and also only had to get a pager for about 10 minutes on 1 night

Not sure. We initially booked any time dining, but after reading the neg reviews on here about it, I immediately called the PVP a week later and changed our dining time to early dining instead. And yes, there's been lots of negative reviews on any time dining.

We tried anytime dining on the Glory recently and will not do it again. In my experience, it does not work well for parties over 4 - several nights we were 5. Only one night we were seated right away - this was the first night when the sail away party was underway. The other 2 nights we tried for 5, one time we arrived @ 6:45 and had a 30 minute wait. The last night, we arrived at 6:30 and waited an hour to be crammed at a table for four. Forget about requesting the same wait staff - the waits would have been much longer.

My kids missed bonding with the staff and the special attention they got. For example, we had to remember to order milk every night, rather than simplying telling them on night one that the boys would like to have it every night - so when we got to the table, it was ready for them. Likewise with fruit - always ready for them to snack on. This special attention doesn't work with anytime dining.

If I was traveling as a couple, I would do it. The wait is less of a deal - just go have a drink in a bar. And, it is far easier to seat 2. But when you are traveling with hungry kids, an hour is a long time to wait. Thank heavens for the board games in the library and patient, understanding kids.

We went back to early seating for our December cruise. All of us agree that we like the personal attention. We have cruised enough that if there is something that will keep us from dinner @ 6, so be it. The Lido has much the same food. Or there is always room service.

We did anytime dining and are a family of 5, with 3 children. 2 nights it was all of us, then 1 night was 3 of us and the last night, just the adults.

We had the same table and staff the first 2 nights and different on the last 2 nights.

The first night, we had a wait of 10-15 minutes and that was it.

It wasn't a big deal of us to have the same staff or have them know what drinks we wanted. Much like going to a regular restaurant, no biggie.

We will definitely try and get anytime dining on our next cruise as well.

Archived