Which would you book, Valor or Legend?

GayleR

Which ship would you choose? Valor or Legend? We've been on the Conquest, Victory, Triumph and the little bitty Celebration. Is there anyone out there who has been on both? Or someone who's done the Spirit class and the Conquest class.

Thanks for any help.

Which ship would you choose? Valor or Legend? We've been on the Conquest, Victory, Triumph and the little bitty Celebration. Is there anyone out there who has been on both? Or someone who's done the Spirit class and the Conquest class.

Thanks for any help.

We have been on both classes of the ships.

Have sailed Legend specifically and it was amazing.

Conquest class is okay but too big for me.

Legend wins hands down.

We were booked on the Legend last year for our honeymoon. We loved the ship and are booked on the Valor next month. We went with the Valor, per our PVP recommendation, because it will have different shows than the Legend had and thus give variety with same experience. The Valor is a little larger but otherwise they seem to be the same. I dont think you will be disappointed in either.

I was tossing about this same decision 2 years ago, and we went on the Valor.

Having done that, and LOVING the itinerary we opted to do Legend this year.

So my suggestion? Try 'em both.

I personally liked the Valor the best of all our cruises. I loved the itinerary and the staff was great on this ship. We also really enjoyed the Legend and the staff were great, but I hated the lay out of the Legend.

You can't go wrong with any cruise though. I hope you have a great time.:D

We've sailed the Glory (Conquest class) and the Legend (twice). Both were great, but we preferred the size and layout of the Legend (much easier to find your way around).

If I recall, the itineraries are the same, so it's down to size preference and embarkation port (in which case I would also vote for the Legend).

Either way you'll have fun! Happy cruising!

I've been on Valor twice and Legend once. I am looking at booking Legend again for next spring. When booking, I go by itinerary and price first. But if the pricing and itinerary are similar, then I'd go with the Spirit Class ship. It's easier to get around the ship. I would also rather sail out of Tampa than Miami.

For me, hands down the Valor. We enjoyed both the Valor & Legend, but much prefer the Conquest Class ships. Although, agreed that it is easier to navigate the Legend (Spirit Class), but still prefer the Valor. Whichever you choose, you cant lose. Enjoy!

Been on the Glory (same class as Valor) and the Legend. Legend wins. Much easier to navigate (on the Glory you may have to go up a couple of decks and then back down to get around the center dining room - bad if you are directionally challenged). The Legend never felt crowded, either.

One important thing, though: If you have a fear of urns, you may want to avoid the Legend!!! They are everywhere:

2131132530059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

2893051050059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

2901858420059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

2144137680059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

They use the urns for burials at sea. Then they replace the missing ones around 4 a.m. when no one is around. That is the way I have chosen to go.

LOL... do you have to reserve ahead of time? Is there an ES rate? Can I get OBC if the price goes down? Can I pick my own urn? (I want one from the bar stools, please!) Can I put a rumrunner in with me? :D

Decisions, decisions......We don't mind the lay out of the Conquest class ships, so that's really not a factor. Having never cruised on a Spirit class ship, I am leaning that direction...although the Valor goes to Half Moon Cay, which I would love to visit. We also like the itinerary of the Legend too. So I guess it comes down to do we really want to go to Half Moon Cay or try a totally different ship and sail on the Legend? Sailing out of Tampa would be a new experience as well. I'm usually not so wishy-washy about decisions, but this will be for our 25th wedding anniversary next year so I want it to be great.

Tampa is a great port to cruise from, and we loved the itinerary for the Legend (see my sig... we booked a 2nd Legend cruise for next year). All the ports are so different - 2 docked, 2 tender, great snorkeling in Belize and Roatan (pics on my Legend review, btw). Great shopping and beach in Grand Cayman, and Cozumel has lots to offer, too. If you are celebrating your anniversary, I'd go a couple of days early and stay at the Don Cesar on St. Pete Beach - what a grand old hotel, it's amazing. Gotta love a place that serves you frozen grapes by the pool on a hot day :)

We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Legend. While we had a very nice time, we weren't crazy about the ship. I thought the decor was very odd and I didn't like the layout as well as I do the other ships. We'll be on Valor for our next cruise and I am really looking forward to it. I loved the Glory, so I have no doubt I'll love the Valor.

Archived