I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Just some random stuff from my NEX3 over the past month and a half, since I haven't posted in here in a while...

Pelican on a post in Lighthouse Point, Florida (with Chinon 135mm F2.8 lens):

original.jpg

Hungry Japanese fish looking for a handout (with Vivitar Series One 28mm F2.8 lens):

original.jpg

Inside Bethesda by the Sea church in Palm Beach, Florida (with Vivitar Series One 28mm F2.8 lens, handheld at ISO3200):

original.jpg

Boat headed out to sea in Boynton Beach, FL (with 18-55 kit lens):

original.jpg

My cat Mickey sitting observantly in the billiard room, wondering what I'm doing (with 18-55 kit lens, ISO1600 handheld):

original.jpg

for all you bird lovers!

2852572620027599206S500x500Q85.jpg

2712351070027599206S500x500Q85.jpg

The non-breeding adult has mainly white plumage, a yellow bill and greyish-yellow legs. During the breeding season, adults develop orange-buff plumes on the back, breast and crown, and the bill, legs and irises become bright red for a brief period prior to pairing.

Shot this in poor light with 18X zoom.

You all take such wonderful pictures and I can't even decide on a camera! I am looking for excellent pictures that is fast with a good zoom. Price is not an issue but portability is. I want something I can carry with me w/o too much effort. Please help!!

Wow...didn't know you had those cattle agrets in Washington! They must be cold. ;)

We're loaded with them, and they are indeed going through nesting now, having mated last month...

Here's one flying in to the nest:

original.jpg

Taking on those great bill/head colors:

original.jpg

Some closeups:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Many of our birds have either hatched, or are at the tail end of nesting. Lots of baby birds running amok everywhere. Here's a cute one...a mother purple gallinule feeding two of her chicks:

original.jpg

(all photos A550 w/Minolta 300mm F4 APO and 1.4x matched TC).

I figured it had to be on vacation...I never heard of cattle egrets nesting all the way up there. They love that 90+ degree weather, which we've been having since April. Very very short winter this year in Florida, and a very very long hot summer already setting itself up.

I figured it had to be on vacation...I never heard of cattle egrets nesting all the way up there. They love that 90+ degree weather, which we've been having since April. Very very short winter this year in Florida, and a very very long hot summer already setting itself up.

It was a business trip with 2 days added for family visit over the weekend. We are still waiting for a normal spring in Seattle. May was the 6th coldest in history! I had never seen cattle egrets before.

Edited by dileep

A pair of Harley Davidson Motor Bikes as seen at the Port Of Harwich, Yesterday. taken with a Panasonic FZ35/38 Bridge Camera.

Nice pictures! I use the FZ40 (45 in Europe?), recently upgraded from the FZ28

Great colorful flower shots dileep.

A pair of Harley Davidson Motor Bikes as seen at the Port Of Harwich, Yesterday. taken with a Panasonic FZ35/38 Bridge Camera.

Very nice pics of the Harley Beckyfave.

My buddy Fred...a northern curly-tailed lizard that lives in my backyard and comes to me when I'm in the pool for regular feedings (I flick out the little ants and beetles that end up in the pool filter from the night before, and he shows up on the rim of the pool staring at me hungrily every time I go in now, as he's Pavlovian-trained):

original.jpg