I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Some cool places from my vacation last week...taken with my NEX3 and 18-55mm lens:

A cool outside bar (6 second exposure steadied on the handrail):

original.jpg

A cool inside bar (handheld, ISO 4,000):

original.jpg

A cool restaurant (handheld, ISO 1,600):

original.jpg

A cool place to chill and watch the sunset (it's even called the sunset room):

original.jpg

Nice airshow pics MDSue. It's been 2 years since I've been to one. There's one coming this weekend in a neighboring city. Hopefully I can go there.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Every year we go to see the Blue Angels perform at the Naval Academy and this year, they cancelled at the last minute. I was so disappointed.

We went to the Ocean City, MD airshow instead. The planes weren't as beutiful as the Angels, but I'm really glad I went. There were some really cool demonstrations.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Every year we go to see the Blue Angels perform at the Naval Academy and this year, they cancelled at the last minute. I was so disappointed.

We went to the Ocean City, MD airshow instead. The planes weren't as beutiful as the Angels, but I'm really glad I went. There were some really cool demonstrations.

The Blue Angels come to Seattle every year. I usually take movies!

Edited by dileep

The Blue Angels come to Seattle every year. I usually take movies!

Thanks for posting. I may try videos eventually too. We have a prime viewing spot right across from the Naval Academy and went every year to watch them. Last year, I had just purchased my camera and really didn't know how to get the best shots.

I was eager to try again this year. Something happened at the show right before Academy show and the pilots were sent back to Florida for more practice. Even worse, they won't be back next year due to a scheduling conflict and there are rumors they may stop altogether.

Here's some shots I took a year ago- not sure I'd be able to get close enough anywhere else- they flew right over us in Annapolis.

BlueAngels387.jpg

BlueAngels456.jpg

BlueAngels502.jpg

Thanks for posting. I may try videos eventually too. We have a prime viewing spot right across from the Naval Academy and went every year to watch them. Last year, I had just purchased my camera and really didn't know how to get the best shots.

I was eager to try again this year. Something happened at the show right before Academy show and the pilots were sent back to Florida for more practice. Even worse, they won't be back next year due to a scheduling conflict and there are rumors they may stop altogether.

Here's some shots I took a year ago- not sure I'd be able to get close enough anywhere else- they flew right over us in Annapolis.

Great shots!

5836275214_b45566444f.jpg

I took a night photography eCourse given by Kent Weakley last February. I highly recommend this class. This is my first attempt at capturing the moon.

Have a great day!

B e a u t i f u l !! BTW, did anyone see or try to photograph the lunar eclipse...( not me, I went to bed!:p)

:mad:

Just wanted to share our recent incident on the Sapphire Princess. I was taking my wife's photo inside the Solarium when a lady ask: "Would you like for me to take your picture together?" Not having very many photos together, I said: "Yes! thank you".

The lady took one shot then told us she wanted to take another shot. She moved location and while walking, she tripped on one of the lounge chairs and...dropped my camera. My camera is a Nikon D90 with an 18-105 lens. We all gasped after hearing the loud thud when the camera hit the solid wood deck floor. Other passengers looked shocked but didn't know what to do. The lady (never got her name) said: "I better leave you two alone...and hope to God your camera is ok". We subsequently discovered a few broken pieces after removing the lens. Regrettably, the camera stopped working. Fortunately, it was the second to the last day of the cruise. It was an accident...and we learned a valuable lesson. Don't let anyone borrow your camera, and if you really must...place the strap around their neck. Note: The last photo she took came out nice. :)

:mad:

Just wanted to share our recent incident on the Sapphire Princess. I was taking my wife's photo inside the Solarium when a lady ask: "Would you like for me to take your picture together?" Not having very many photos together, I said: "Yes! thank you".

The lady took one shot then told us she wanted to take another shot. She moved location and while walking, she tripped on one of the lounge chairs and...dropped my camera. My camera is a Nikon D90 with an 18-105 lens. We all gasped after hearing the loud thud when the camera hit the solid wood deck floor. Other passengers looked shocked but didn't know what to do. The lady (never got her name) said: "I better leave you two alone...and hope to God your camera is ok". We subsequently discovered a few broken pieces after removing the lens. Regrettably, the camera stopped working. Fortunately, it was the second to the last day of the cruise. It was an accident...and we learned a valuable lesson. Don't let anyone borrow your camera, and if you really must...place the strap around their neck. Note: The last photo she took came out nice. :)

Wow! I'd be heartbroken. A girl asked my daughter to take her pic recently with her camera (just a point and shoot, but still) and my daughter accidently dropped it. They were both mortifed. Luckily, the camera was fine. I don't think I'd ever let anyone use my good camera- I hope you can get it fixed reasonably.

Ouch. Not fun. I'm definitely a stickler for not letting anyone handle my camera - strangers at least, but even relatives and friends I give a bit of grief...I always make sure the first thing they've got is the neckstrap around their neck or wrapped around their wrist before I'll even let go of the camera body!

Absolutely stunning shots everyeone! I can't wait to get my hands on a D60 or a 7D, preferably a 7D. Not sure I'll have the patience for it though. ;)

A few shots from over the last year with my XSi ...

IMG_4006.jpg

One of Mom's flowers

IMG_4865_-2_-3_tonemapped.jpg

Some HDR

IMG_6472.jpg

I love WDW!

IMG_7875.jpg

My nephew mad because the sun was in his eyes

IMG_0043.jpg

My niece's graduation

I really NEED to make myself get out more and shoot.