I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I haven't shared my wildlife photos in here in a while - I know there aren't too many wildlife/birder photogs around here, but thought I'd still share some recent shots out in the Florida wetlands, just to update how the wild life is living lately:

--

Justin

galleries: http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Justin, I just love your wildlife photographs. They are so inspiring! I'm saving for a long lens so that I can try for something closer to your shots, although I know it takes lots of practice, patience and being in the right place at the right time.

This is the closest I've been able to get to a Blue Heron with my 18-200mm lens. Cropped so I've lost a lot of resolution. Can't wait until I have a "real" lens for this kind of photography!

56953347.jpg

Andrea

I haven't shared my wildlife photos in here in a while - I know there aren't too many wildlife/birder photogs around here, but thought I'd still share some recent shots out in the Florida wetlands, just to update how the wild life is living lately:

zackiedawg:- keep on sharing, I also love to see your wildlife photos. :)

Sam

:)

I haven't shared my wildlife photos in here in a while - I know there aren't too many wildlife/birder photogs around here, but thought I'd still share some recent shots out in the Florida wetlands, just to update how the wild life is living lately...

Thanks zackiedawg!

I always love your wonderful wildlife/birder shots which are always an inspiration! :)

Edited by JWJs

6161270720_10f0527ca7.jpg

Setrock Falls 2775 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

6158917119_29650928f1.jpg

Roaring Forks Falls HDR 2763 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

6160699143_1bec9257e7.jpg

Roaring Creek Falls Pool 2772 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

6161228668_8cb3492fe0.jpg

Tom's Creek Tree 2771 by Houser Photography, on Flickr

Went out with my Photography Club to shoot some waterfalls in Western NC this weekend. Took the fisheyes with my Sony NEX-5, now that was fun!

Lovely water shots Zack - notably I really like that 2nd shot, which just has the perfect composition for the flowing water. Sounds like fun playing around with the fisheye on the NEX - I'm always looking for a cheap deal on the 16mm and adapters if I could pick one up used for spare change.

Thank you all on the comments above for my post...glad to know there are some bird/wildlife fans here too. I'm out shooting them all the time, so I always have stuff I can post, but I'll keep it periodic. For now, I'm looking forward to my next cruise next month to try to get some new scenery from up north!

Edited by zackiedawg

Thanks Bruce, Larry and Zackie :)

The HDR shot was my first ever attempt at it, so I am glad I tweaked it right! Don't see myself using it for every shot, but it does come in handy in the right circumstances.

ZackieDawg, it sure is a fun little combo to play around with. Can't wait till next month when I spend a few days in NYC before our cruise up in the NE to shoot with my little NEX, will probably go WIDE! Also your wildlife pics are truly 'jaw dropping amazing :eek:' and never fail to inspire me! Keep up the awesome work and continue to share them with us on CC:) Count me a fan!

ZackieDawg, it sure is a fun little combo to play around with. Can't wait till next month when I spend a few days in NYC before our cruise up in the NE to shoot with my little NEX, will probably go WIDE!

I'm going to keep looking for any chance of finding a wide before my cruise - I was really hoping that 55-210mm OSS lens would come out before I leave, but it looks like after my cruise. Still, the kit lens will be the walkaround, and I've got a good collection of primes including 28mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 85mm, 135mm, and 200mm...so I should be able to have some fun with the NEX up in Canada and New England. Of course, the DSLR will be doing the bigger chunk of the work, including some ultrawide scenery - here's to hoping the fall colors are going full bore by next month!!

I'm going to keep looking for any chance of finding a wide before my cruise - I was really hoping that 55-210mm OSS lens would come out before I leave, but it looks like after my cruise. Still, the kit lens will be the walkaround, and I've got a good collection of primes including 28mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 85mm, 135mm, and 200mm...so I should be able to have some fun with the NEX up in Canada and New England. Of course, the DSLR will be doing the bigger chunk of the work, including some ultrawide scenery - here's to hoping the fall colors are going full bore by next month!!

Lensbaby?

My NEX loves the new Sweet 35 optic.

Spring colors from a Japanese Maple

p323762702-4.jpg

Just biding my time until my first fall on the east coast...

Dave

Lensbaby?

My NEX loves the new Sweet 35 optic.

Spring colors from a Japanese Maple

p323762702-4.jpg

Just biding my time until my first fall on the east coast...

Dave

Gorgeous. I miss fall color - grew up in Michigan - now in El Paso, TX. The leaves here just turn brown and fall off the trees. We have to drive up into the mountains in NM.

At least your trees turn brown. Ours stay mostly green year-round...a few simply fall off still green. ;)

This'll be my first fall trip to northern climes in over 20 years...I usually don't get up north until winter. I just hope the crappy hot long summer didn't push back the fall too much!

This'll be my first fall trip to northern climes in over 20 years...I usually don't get up north until winter. I just hope the crappy hot long summer didn't push back the fall too much!

This is what we have so far this year. Swamps are colorful, right on schedule. You can see it coming.

DSC_0300.JPG

Our neighbor moos are very accommodating with their placement and posing for me. A reason to get up early.

DSC_0304.JPG

DSC_0306.JPG

My wife and I were in that great city of San Francisco and around the Bay area last week. Here are a couple I thought people might like.

Point Reyes National Sea Shore

From Sausalito

Some more here.

Larry

I checked out your Some more here.

The following picture of yours brought back some memories. In the early 1980's I took a business trip to SF. We went over to Sausalito, and had dinner, and your following picture I believe shows the restaurant we dined in. Thanx

138185571.tHDAzsiW.sanfran_05.jpg

Edited by johneeo

Johneeo, You remember correctly. The grayish building center right in the photo has been several restaurants. The last restaurant I remember seeing there was a Chart House. It was empty in early September. We have noticed that restaurants don't last long in that location. It is off the beaten ferry-day trip path, and Sausalito closes up at night.

Larry