Adding a 3rd person

Does this sound about right?

I have a BC balcony cabin booked on NCL Jewel for October

I recently found out another friend can go on the cruise so I asked my TA to look into how much it would be to add a 3rd person to my cabin. (yes my cabin will hold 3)

she got back to me today with a price of 565.76 for the 3rd person

that sounds like alot to me. Especially considering I am paying 771.16 per person for the 1st 2 people

for 30 bucks more my 3rd person can get an inside (provided she finds a roommate)

What do you all think?

The NCL price is whatever it is....many times they have special promotions for #3 and #4. If your friend is an adult, the "3rd" bed is a small pull-out couch, sort of like a narrow futon. I would think that for the small differnece, everyone in your group would be better off with the 2-cabin option. Three adults sharing one small closet and one small bathroom can be taxing. Remember, that with the couch pulled out, one would have to jump / climb over that bed to get to the balcony.

Balcony cabins that are coded for 4 peolple will have a bunk bed that drops down from the ceiling...that may or may not be better than the couch.

here is a picture to give you an idea:

ba-with-turn-down.jpg.95d217d97ae419b03f2924ca12a2ce25.jpg

Hey,

I have a sail date for Canada/New England leaving Oct.8,2011 out of NY...

I have 3 people in the cabin which is a balcony..the 3rd person is $349.00 but with travel protection ($59.00) and govt. fees ($145.56) it totals $553.66. My husband and I are paying $1,303.76 each (including travel protection and govt. fee) Could your cost of the 3rd person include travel protection and govt fee?? Jaup2

Does this sound about right?

I have a BC balcony cabin booked on NCL Jewel for October

I recently found out another friend can go on the cruise so I asked my TA to look into how much it would be to add a 3rd person to my cabin. (yes my cabin will hold 3)

she got back to me today with a price of 565.76 for the 3rd person

that sounds like alot to me. Especially considering I am paying 771.16 per person for the 1st 2 people

for 30 bucks more my 3rd person can get an inside (provided she finds a roommate)

What do you all think?

They charge so different for every sailing plus the prices have probably gone up since you booked. I looked at three Oct sailings and the 3rd person pays $489, $339 and $379 (plus tax/fees). When they do have a 3/4 guest special it is usually really good at $149 or $199. Call and ask about any upcoming specials. Three in a cabin is cozy but doable. Bring an over the door shoe organizer/hanger to keep all your essentials "organized" (make up, brushes, hair spray, deodorant, etc).

If you can wait until November the same itinerary on the Gem has a 3rd person rate of $199. I've been looking at November myself.

Archived