Anyone ever do anytime dining when not assigned?

bhanback

Just wondering, do they check carefully to see if you are assigned anytime dining? For example, if you are too late for your early seating dinner, is it possible to "sneak"in? I would never have the nerve to try and I love my early seating dinner, but just wondering....

Just wondering, do they check carefully to see if you are assigned anytime dining? For example, if you are too late for your early seating dinner, is it possible to "sneak"in? I would never have the nerve to try and I love my early seating dinner, but just wondering....

Nope. Someone tried this on my last cruise and were turned away.

No chance they check your sail and sign card.

same reply here. someone at our table wanted to do that and was told by people that had anytime dinning you have to show your card.

And that's entirely appropriate as only 10 to 15% of all tables are reserved for Your Time Dining.

Someone with assigned seating taking a Your Time slot could keep a passenger who BELONGS there from getting to eat when they want...

:rolleyes:

Is it possible to change to Anytime dining once you embark? We've always had second dining (which we enjoy) but have thought about becoming 'anytime' diners? Ive heard varying stories and most of them have been unsuccessful as Anytime fills up pretty fast. Worth a shot. Is it possible to get the same servers each night (at anytime?) Yes, my last 4 cruises have been Anytime Dining and never had a problem requesting the same waitstaff and the same table or one right near it.

We really enjoyed anytime.

When we were on the Splendor a few months ago- we missed our early dining time and had resigned ourselves to the buffet (HATE the buffet). We met our asst waiter up there and told him how sorry we were that we missed him. HE (not me!) suggested we go to the 2nd dinner seating and ask at the podium if they could 'fit' us in. They said 'of course' with a smile. The 4 of us were seated at a large round table in the very center of the dining room with another couple that 'did' the same thing.

Please don't yell at me- would never plan on doing that again. Just wanted to tell my story. :)

Is it possible to get the same servers each night (at anytime?)

It is possible, but the more requests you have (certain location, certain server, or with a larger party wanting to be seated together) the longer you will wait to be seated.

When we were on the Splendor a few months ago- we missed our early dining time and had resigned ourselves to the buffet (HATE the buffet). We met our asst waiter up there and told him how sorry we were that we missed him. HE (not me!) suggested we go to the 2nd dinner seating and ask at the podium if they could 'fit' us in. They said 'of course' with a smile. The 4 of us were seated at a large round table in the very center of the dining room with another couple that 'did' the same thing.

Please don't yell at me- would never plan on doing that again. Just wanted to tell my story. :)

Hi Twins, we're in Aurora also...

Hey Tulman!

Awful weather the last few days, wasn't it? 99* ! Saw you were on the Legend- That's our next cruise in October. Heard many lovely things about the ship. My kids love O2! They are looking forward to the club. I barely see them except for meals!

Please don't yell at me- would never plan on doing that again. Just wanted to tell my story. :)[/quote]

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what you did. The HW likely has some empty tables every night.

Fitting you in didn't deprive anyone of their assigned seating.

Now trying that in Anytime is whole nuther matter. :p

Is it possible to change to Anytime dining once you embark? We've always had second dining (which we enjoy) but have thought about becoming 'anytime' diners? Is it possible to get the same servers each night (at anytime?)

Doubt it.It is extremely popular and platinum members get a guaranteed dining slot so you would be way down on wait list

Steve

Hey Tulman!

Awful weather the last few days, wasn't it? 99* ! Saw you were on the Legend- That's our next cruise in October. Heard many lovely things about the ship. My kids love O2! They are looking forward to the club. I barely see them except for meals!

You'll love the Legend, the layout of that class of ship is the best IMO. The weather is getting us acclimated for the hot temps of the Caribbean, sans the humidity:eek:

Why would anyone yell!! My friend and I had early seating also with our daughters, late port, didn't make dinner, but like you DID NOT want the buffet. Asked the Maitred and had a nice table for 2 at late seating for that evening only.

Last year on the Spirit we did anytime. It was okay in that we met another couple from these boards that we had dinner with most nights. However, the one thing I do miss is having the same waiter.

We did see the same bar waiter, said his name was Tom Cruise. He would always have our martinis with 3 olives, shaken not stirred, waiting.

Funny thing, Tom Cruise:) had a twin brother that was our room steward. DW would always think they were the same person working two jobs.:o

We had any time dining last year on the liberty, and we asked for the same server every night and we got him. It's limited though, so it just depends if there are seats available in the section of the server you want. We were lucky I think, but it is possible.

Archived