Positano

screwcork

We have been to Amalfi, Sorrento, Pompei, Capri and Ischia (all recommended) on previous cruises. This time we would like to see Positano (only). I have found out that there is a bus in the morning from Naples to Positano, and one going back in the afternoon from Positano to Naples. The problem is however, that the return seems to be too late to catch our ship from Naples.

Any other information would be appreciated!

Screwcork

Or..... bus to Sorrento and ferry to Naples. We took the ferry (not the hydrofoil) from Sorrento to Naples when we visited and it was really nice to see the coastline from the water (after having just driven it). Think it was 11 euros for both of us. And took about 35-40 minutes max.

Since we have been to Sorrento before (by boat), we were hoping to go directly to and from Positano, and to spend as much time as possible in Positano. It seems difficult! May be we should rent a car in Naples? With a GPS it should be possible to find our way out of Naples!

Screwcork

Maybe try to find a boat that will take you from port of Naples to Positano for the day. Of all the towns on the Amalfi coast Positano is my favorite, have stayed there 3 times!!!:p:p Wer rent our own boats from Positano and go to Capri for the day.. Good luck!!

Since we have been to Sorrento before (by boat), we were hoping to go directly to and from Positano, and to spend as much time as possible in Positano. It seems difficult! May be we should rent a car in Naples? With a GPS it should be possible to find our way out of Naples!

Screwcork

Screwcork, if you search for posts on renting a car in Naples, I could swear someone mentioned that there is a rental agency that will drive you to the outskirts of Naples before setting you loose (thus avoiding having to navigate through Naples). I'm not one who is ever likely to rent a car on my own, but this sounded like a good option for someone who doesn't mind driving.

I would think twice about doing a bus on your own. We have taken the tours twice on those narrow roads (Positano, Amalfi) and this last time on the way to Amalfi, we got stuck in traffic for around 20 minutes and had to cut our lunch short at the restaurant. If you get stuck in traffic (and are on your own), you'll miss the ship for sure. We loved Positano and wanted to return there too, but there isn't one tour which goes there exclusively. They all include something else. Multiple tours include Pompei, and once there is enough too!

We have been to Amalfi, Sorrento, Pompei, Capri and Ischia (all recommended) on previous cruises. This time we would like to see Positano (only). I have found out that there is a bus in the morning from Naples to Positano, and one going back in the afternoon from Positano to Naples. The problem is however, that the return seems to be too late to catch our ship from Naples.

Any other information would be appreciated!

Screwcork

Sorry I can't answer your question but I do approve of your choice of Positano. This was my favorite stop on our cruise along with Santorini. I would love to go back and stay in Positano for a few days.

• 11 months later...

We did a land trip to Positano a few yrs ago and took the ferry back and forth from Napoli to Positano.

Here is a link to the ferry. the schedule is under the 1st column on left- Napoli- Costiere

click napoli beverello for the schedule to Positano and click Positano for the ferry back to Napoli.

http://www.metrodelmare.net/orari-tratte-e-tariffe/

Archived