Help - If on board the epic

larryvel

I seem to have a problem with people at NCL as well as my TA. I booked a penthouse cabin over a year ago and was told that there were be a second bed (couch) for my niece to sleep. Everyone I spoke with has stated that the penthouses come with only a circular bed and nothing else. That's hard to believe since they advertise a living area as well as a bed area. Can anyone on board let me know if the penthouses have a couch or can I get a cot. If not, I need to make other arrangements before final payment date due to myself being 60 and my niece being 38. Final payment is due 7/14/10. Thanks.

Per NCL site:

Penthouse

Who doesn’t want to stay in a Penthouse? With room for two, there’s plenty of living space to spread out. You can relax in the living area or lounge around in the bedroom complete with circular queen-size bed. The butler can also serve you a delicious meal out on the private balcony, or if you prefer, you can ask the concierge to make dinner reservations. Sushi? French? Italian? So many choices. Also features access privileges to the exclusive Villas Courtyard, Concierge Lounge, private restaurant and bar.

Accommodates: 2

Approx. Size: 322 (including balcony) sq. ft.

sorry, I assumed there were 3 of you travelling....hmm..now I am not sure... but I bet it would not be comfortable on the sofa unless it is a sofa bed.

I never remembered reading the penthouse came with a couch. It was always marketed for 2 only. The square footage does not lie either with being significantly smaller than other NCL penthouses. I am booked in one so I would appreciate any pictures especially of the solarium.

Since it is a circular bed I don't see how that would divide into twins.

Well, it's more oval, and if you imagine splitting it down the middle look like it'd still be 2 functional albeit unusually shaped beds.

One item NCL did not keep their promise on was the separate shower for the penthouse on the Epic. On the NCL website the penthouse cabin still mentions a separate shower and bath. That is not true and shower and tub are together.

They need to change that language pronto.

The penthouse has always just been for 2 people. Since it clearly has a double bed there are no other areas for sleeping in the penthouse:

Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse*

• Sleeps 2 guests

• 6 Courtyard Penthouses available in The Villas complex

• 7 Penthouses available on aft decks 10-13*

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Living and dining area

• Luxurious bathroom

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

Archived