San Juan hotel

SISer

Need a cheapish place to stay for a night before my cruise, can CC members please let me know what my best bet is, pay for the sheraton and save on taxi fare? Try to book the shearton using priceline? Stay somewhere else? If so, where there is only one person travelling and my budget is low I'm hoping to spend $100 or less on a hotel.

Thanks.

Priceline is great. This is the first time I bid for a hotel. I got the caribe resort for $90. Which is great.

Earlier this summer we went to San Antonio and spent more then that on a awful hotel that spelled like bug spray and smoke, and yes I saw a roach. Never again will I go for a budget hotel when I can bid on priceline!

Try the Radisson Ambassador in the Condado area. $134.00.

I vote against the Radisson. I felt it was not clean and the employees were not polite. The rooms smelled weird. We did not have a pleasant experience.

Try the Intercontinental in Isla Verde. It is very clean and tropical, right on the water. There are restaurants and stores within walking distance. I got it on Priceline for $110/night. We took a cab in the morning to the port and it was about $20. Good luck!

Need a cheapish place to stay for a night before my cruise, can CC members please let me know what my best bet is, pay for the sheraton and save on taxi fare? Try to book the shearton using priceline? Stay somewhere else? If so, where there is only one person travelling and my budget is low I'm hoping to spend $100 or less on a hotel.

Thanks.

Da House in Old San Juan. You can save taxi fare it is about a 6 block walk down hill Staff is excellent very nice clean hotel. Starts at 80$ per night. Only drawback, no elevator, it is about 2 flights to the lobby, then another to your room. It is located right in the heart of OSJ above ( I believe) a jewlery store.:)

We will be staying at da house in january the night before our cruise. We paid $100 for our room. Their website has photos of every room and prices.the rates are $80-$120 a night. It sits above a salsa night club,which we understand can get loud at night. We will be there on a sunday and were told the club is closed then.the location is great,near everything. There's a rooftop hottub and great views of the city and bay.they have 2 other properties in old san juan. Check it out!

We've never stayed at the Radisson but met people who did and they did not like it at all. There are much nicer hotels in the area for the same price or cheaper. They also complained of musty smelling rooms. :mad:

I vote against the Radisson. I felt it was not clean and the employees were not polite. The rooms smelled weird. We did not have a pleasant experience.

We will be staying at da house in january the night before our cruise. We paid $100 for our room. Their website has photos of every room and prices.the rates are $80-$120 a night. It sits above a salsa night club,which we understand can get loud at night. We will be there on a sunday and were told the club is closed then.the location is great,near everything. There's a rooftop hottub and great views of the city and bay.they have 2 other properties in old san juan. Check it out!

Yes the club is closed on Sunday nights. It was very quiet when we stayed there. Sunday afternoons families come to OSJ to fly kites in the green in front of the forts. Very nice to see! I love watching kids fly kites and seeing families just be happy together.

Archived