4 Adults + 4 Suitcases = One Limo ???

BC Todd

When we arrive in Miami with our adult children, how can we all get in one vehicle to our hotel? I understand Limo's are not allowed to wait for fares at MIA and you have to pre-order them. Can anyone recommend a car service?

Cheers!

There are many car services that are available. We have used Carey Limousine in Miami and have been very pleased. Just do a google search and to bring up their web site (Carey Limousine) and then you can click on their Miami office location to call them for a quote. There are also many others to choose from.

Keith

When we arrive in Miami with our adult children, how can we all get in one vehicle to our hotel? I understand Limo's are not allowed to wait for fares at MIA and you have to pre-order them. Can anyone recommend a car service?

Cheers!

In my experience, roughly 1/3 of the cabs at MIA are mini-vans. They cost the same as typical cabs (about $25 to a downtown hotel, depending upon traffic). A mini-van cab will likely hold four passengers and four suitcases. No need to pre-order.

What is the cost to get to the port for a cruise? Will they have minivans at the port to get us back to the airport? Will there be a long line to get the cab? Would it be easier and faster with a car service?

Sorry about all the questions, we leave in a little over a week and I'm trying to decide what to do.

Thanks!

A taxi van will hold 4 people and luggage. We have done it many times. Just outside baggage claim at the Miami airport is the cab stand. There may be a line but it is not a long wait......there are lots of cabs and the line moves fast.

I don't know the cost to the pier because I always go to a hotel a couple days ahead of the cruise.

From MIA to Port of Miami is a flat rate fare of $24+ tip (for the cab - up to 5 passengers!) -- ignore the meter, read the fare notice in the cab, don't let the driver overcharge you, and tip for good service.;)

If you go anywhere besides straight to the port (like a stop for water/soda/beer/wine/booze) you are off the flate rate and on the meter - so shop fast!:o

Good luck!:)

Archived