Cutting it Close?

Hi...First Time Cruiser...Carnival Glory: Halifax (9am -6pm)

My husband, 2 daughter (ages 8 & 5,) and myself are renting a car and driving to Peggy's Cove first since it is the furthest distance and then taking a Theodore Tugboat Cruise at 3:30. I was told Theodore is an hour tour. Is this cutting it too close since the ship leaves at 6?

Just nervous since we haven't ever cruised before...Thanks in advance for your help.

My husband, 2 daughter (ages 8 & 5,) and myself are renting a car and driving to Peggy's Cove first since it is the furthest distance and then taking a Theodore Tugboat Cruise at 3:30. I was told Theodore is an hour tour. Is this cutting it too close since the ship leaves at 6?

Just nervous since we haven't ever cruised before...Thanks in advance for your help.

That should be plenty of time, especially if you booked the tour directly rather then through the cruise line. 3:30 local time will only be 2:30 ship time. You leave Halifax 6:00 ship time that is 7:00 local time. Just be sure to keep it all straight!

Verify your ship's time! Please.

You do have plenty of time for Theodore (and to visit his shop) as the walk from his dock to where the cruise ships dock is straight down the boardwalk and takes less than 20 minutes.

Veryify for sure where you will be boarding Theodore as he sometimes does custom tours for cruise ships.

We adore Theodore!

I checked Carnival's website that shows my itinerary. It shows Halifax 9-6. I called the Theodore excursion myself and they said they had a 3:30 opening, and I booked it. They told me to arrive 10 minutes early to pick up my tickets in their store/booth. The whole time change is really confusing to me. The post above yours suggested that I should be OK. I'm nervous too just because we have never cruised before, and we have never been to Canada:)

Many of the ships stick to Eastern Time. Halifax, Saint John, Sydney and Charlottetown are on Atlantic Time. If it is 3:30 Atlantic it is only 2:30 Ship time if they are using the Eastern Time Zone time. Be sure to check with your ship. But either way you should have lots of time to go on your Theodore tour. He is very cute. Kids love him and you all get to see the harbour.

You can't miss seeing Theodore and his shop is just across the sidewalk from his dock.

The captain and crew really give the children a delightful time but I enjoyed it as well.

I bought a great many books in the shop.

Theodore is all about children. If you are interested in the tv series the shop sells recordings of it. The Maritime Museum has a fine Theodore exhibit, but there is a fee to get in to that wonderful museum.

Once you all see the Big Harbour from Theodore, you won't be able to stay away from the Theodore stories.

We can't.

most ships require you be back on board 1/2 hour before they sail. they will have the time posted at the dock as you leave. Stay on ship time and follow that no matter what others say. Most ships do adjust to the port time but it varies by cruise line/ship/captain and whim and caprice.

and see Theodore the kids will love it. I personally love Halifax its a great port for adults to. Halifax has peggy's cove, a nice park and castle museum. There is also the cemetery which has the remains brought back from the Titanic shaped as a ships hull with one J Dawson buried there. Also the Maritime Museum is great as well. The story of the explosion in the harbor during WWI is also both tragic and interesting and 9-6 is long enough to see everything. I always rent a car there.

most ships require you be back on board 1/2 hour before they sail. they will have the time posted at the dock as you leave. Stay on ship time and follow that no matter what others say. Most ships do adjust to the port time but it varies by cruise line/ship/captain and whim and caprice.

and see Theodore the kids will love it. I personally love Halifax its a great port for adults to. Halifax has peggy's cove, a nice park and castle museum. There is also the cemetery which has the remains brought back from the Titanic shaped as a ships hull with one J Dawson buried there. Also the Maritime Museum is great as well. The story of the explosion in the harbor during WWI is also both tragic and interesting and 9-6 is long enough to see everything. I always rent a car there.

:)Thanks for the info....Can't wait for Halifax!

That should be plenty of time, especially if you booked the tour directly rather then through the cruise line. 3:30 local time will only be 2:30 ship time. You leave Halifax 6:00 ship time that is 7:00 local time. Just be sure to keep it all straight!

Are you refering specifically to the Carnavil Glory (the OPs ship) that you believe that the ship will not switch to local time or do you believe all/most ships don't change in Halifax?

My understanding, as another poster said, I thought it depends on the cruise line/ship.

Archived