What is included?

Hi! My husband and I are considering taking the southern caribbean cruise next summer that includes barbados. I have never been on a cruise before and he hasn't been on one since college (in which he only remembers drinking and gambling!). I was wondering what is included in the price? I know alcohol is not but what drinks are? During port days, can they pack you a lunch to take with you? Are you able to get food throughout the day or just at specific times and is room service an extra charge or included. I know tips are extra.

Also, is there any advantage to booking with a TA over RCI directly?

Thank you for your input!

johnsmommy

Sounds like a great itenerary.

The cruise includes breakfast, lunch and dinner in eithe the main dining room, the Windjammer buffet or depending on the ship - several other venues. It also includes coffe, tea, milk and juice at breakfast.

Not sure which ship you are considering but many have surcharge restaurants from $20 - $25 per person and includes the tip.

The ships no longer prepare lunches for taking off the ship. When in port - you can either dine on the ship or buy something local in port.

There is a Seaview Cafe open until about 2 am and a Lattitudes for snacks and sandwiches. Room service is available at no extra charge until about midnight and then there is a surcharge after that until 5 am.

Others who have been on the ship will be able to share what else is available.

Thank you for your response. We will be on the serenade of the seas. Are there any snacks or other things during the day/evening if you get hungry or only the 3 main meals?

Room service is available 24/7 and there is only a charge for orders placed after midnight and before 5:30 or 6:00 am. (You should,however, give a nominal tip (usually a buck or two) to the person who delivers your food) There are snacks available in the Windjammer (try the scones with strawberries and whipped cream,or bread pudding with vanilla sauce) in the afternoon, and the Seaview Cafe on Deck 12 above the Windjammer is a great place for burgers, fish and chips,hot dogs, Reubens and Cuban sandwiches and wicked brownies. Cafe Lattetudes also offers specialty coffees for purchase and there will be several types of free pastries available if you purchase a coffee or tea. On at least one evening they may have a buffet and party out on deck You definitely won't go hungry unless you choose to. Health regulations and local policies prohibit bringing food off the ship into any of the ports you visit. Prepacked snacks like granola bars, candy bars etc. are permitted, but you might want to try some of the local restaurants in the ports of call.:)

Archived