P&O by-passing Ouvea

We received an email overnight from P&O saying that our December cruise on the Pacific Pearl will no longer be calling at Ouvea due to local unrest. No alternative port of call was offered. Neither was a reduced fare or On Board Credit. I guess it is another sea day for them that they can make more money at the bar and spa.

We received an email overnight from P&O saying that our December cruise on the Pacific Pearl will no longer be calling at Ouvea due to local unrest. No alternative port of call was offered. Neither was a reduced fare or On Board Credit. I guess it is another sea day for them that they can make more money at the bar and spa.

hi kiwi, you may find that they might stop at Lifou or somewhere else to make up for the lost port

rkmw

This has been going on at least since this time last year. Our trip to Ouvea in December 2009 was replaced with Lifou. I'm surprised they haven't just written Ouvea off completely. Sneaky P&O.

Hi there,

We are leaving on Monday on Pacific Jewel and after reading these comments, I have just been online and looked at our itinery and have discovered Ouvea has been substituted with Lifou. No notification at all from P & O regarding our itinery changes!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! At least we are not missing a port and they have substituted it instead. Still it would have been nice to have been notified!

That's a shame. I'm on the 17th August cruise too. I was so looking forward to Ouvea too!! Never mind, I have been to Lifou and that is gorgeous too. It is good to learn things on here!! Thanks for the info. I don't normally check my email.

Hey Strawberrypatch, yeah I got the email at 1:30am this morning thanks P&O for waking me up haha (email notifications get sent to phone) - but still either way I have been to all the islands many many times so it doesn't bother me personally. BTW my 27th bday on the 18th AUG woo hoo. :D:D:D

Lifou is a fine replacement for Ouvea. I just P&O would be more upfront about it. I imagine they are waiting and hoping that the 'unrest' (or whatever the hell is actually going on - zombies? vampires?) on Ouvea will die down, but really, after this long I figured they would stop putting it on the itineraries.

Lifou is a fine replacement for Ouvea. I just P&O would be more upfront about it. I imagine they are waiting and hoping that the 'unrest' (or whatever the hell is actually going on - zombies? vampires?) on Ouvea will die down, but really, after this long I figured they would stop putting it on the itineraries.

I agree as we are going in oct 2010 and no email so far from thembut on the cruise personliser it has changed to lifou just went there the other week, was hoping to go to Ouvea as well and O WELL better not going if there is unrest there, who knows what they could get up to mmmmmmmm.

We were supposed to be going to Ouvea on the Christmas cruise on Pacific Dawn, but our cruise personaliser has been showing Lifou for quite awhile.

While I'd like to go to Ouvea, Lifou is a good alternative which we are also looking forward to visiting again.

We missed Ouvea in JUly 09 due to political unrest and again in Feb this year. I'm not picking any more cruises that go to Ouvea until I know that ships are returning there. I really hope that it does get sorted soon as I so want to see this beautiful island that I keep missing out on.

Shame won't get to make it to Ouvea, however, hardly missing out going to Lifou instead. If you like snorkelling Lifou would be the better one to go to anyway :)

RCI have made no mention of not going there yet and the online itinerary still has Ouvea listed. :)

Either think there's no problems there or they just don't know about them as a US company that doesn't travel south pacific year round.

Can't see anything there been too bad, last time we went there they were so friendly.

Yep same as my Pacific Jewel cruise on 17 August 2010, I received an email mentioning unrest at Ouvea and we will now be stopping in Lifou, no problems at all :D

We too are on this cruise 17th August,but have'nt received any info on it from P&O but presumed from all the posts on here that we would not be stopping at Ouvea .Robin:)

We too are on this cruise 17th August,but have'nt received any info on it from P&O but presumed from all the posts on here that we would not be stopping at Ouvea .Robin:)

Hi Robin

Good to see some more coming on the same cruise. It is s shame Ouvea has been dropped, such a magnificent place to visit, but Lifou is just as god in my personal opinion. Looking forward to getting onboard, can't wait. :D:D

Well, all I can say is that P&O's crystal ball must be working overtime as we received notification from P&O yesterday via our TA that Ouvea was out and Lifou was in !! And this is for our April/May 2011 cruise !:rolleyes:

Hi Robin

Good to see some more coming on the same cruise. It is s shame Ouvea has been dropped, such a magnificent place to visit, but Lifou is just as god in my personal opinion. Looking forward to getting onboard, can't wait. :D:D

Hi Fiat Punto, we are looking forward to this cruise also we are going with our daughters and friends to celebrate our friends 50th birthday. Col (The Fox) who is another regular on CC will also be on this cruise. I have been to Ouvea before and thought it quite beautiful,but have never been to Lifou so am quite looking forward to going there. (really I do'nt mind where I go as long as I'm not working)lol. Robin:D:D:D

Archived