Want to take pictures- When does Oasis pull in Port Everglades?

We're staying at the Harbor Beach Marriott in Fort Lauderdale for three nights following our Majesty cruise next week. Whenever we stay here we walk down the beach to the entry basin to Port Everglades and watch the ships come in and out and take videos and pictures! I'm definitely going to get some videos and pictures of the Oasis leaving Fort Lauderdale but I would also love to get some when she gets in if I can get a time. Can somebody tell me what time she usually enters Port Everglades? I'm guessing around 6:00-6:30?

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post them when I return!

Actually, I think she has been arriving back in port about 130am! I was really surprised but it seems to be that way every week. We are sailing on the Oasis 7/17 and we are staying at Harbor Beach Marriott for three nights prior. I had wanted to do the same thing--watch her sail in the night before we board. I may still do it since I'll probably be too excited to sleep, anyway! If you have the right camera, you can probably get some beautiful night shots of her. My current screen saver is a night shot of Oasis from the InletCam. Its a beautiful photo.

Actually, I think she has been arriving back in port about 130am! I was really surprised but it seems to be that way every week. We are sailing on the Oasis 7/17 and we are staying at Harbor Beach Marriott for three nights prior. I had wanted to do the same thing--watch her sail in the night before we board. I may still do it since I'll probably be too excited to sleep, anyway! If you have the right camera, you can probably get some beautiful night shots of her. My current screen saver is a night shot of Oasis from the InletCam. Its a beautiful photo.

1:30 AM :eek:? In that case it would be better to stay up late than get up early to get the pics.

You will be checking in a couple days after we check out. We love that place I think it will be an excellent way to end the week!

This past Saturday it was after first daylight when we pulled in. I got up and peeked out the window around 6am and we were still moving. It was early daylight. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific on the time, I fell back asleep for little bit and the next time I looked just after 7 we were in port. The captain had announced that we would be in port around 5:30 am, but it was a bit later than that when we actually docked.

my son is working in the dive show on Oasis so I have been watching it come and go on the webcam in port everglades for a few weeks.

last week she came in abt 445am. you can check here on the traffic website for ships. https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

i think this week she is scheduled to come in at 445am again.:)

Ok, wow, I thought it was weird that she was getting in at 130am! I think what is happening is I have the time zone set wrong on the tracking site. That must be it. I'll have to check that out! Sorry about the incorrect info!!

The Oasis typically arrives between 4 and 5 (usually 4:30-4:45 to be more exact). When you were saying 1:30 you may have been correct at one time. When they were fixing the lifeboat issue for a few week in May/June she was arriving at 1:30 and leaving a later time as well. When we sailed on January 2nd we got lucky (if you want to call it that) and the hotels fire alarms went off at 3:30am. By the time we got back to the room it was almost 4:30. I laid down in bed looking out the window and all of a sudden the horizon started moving as she slowly pulled into view and docked. It was awesome to see.

The other ships in port show up a little later for some reason and they are usually in a tightly timed group. When we got back on the 9th the Independence of the Seas was the last to dock at 7am.

Very cool pictures. Don't know that I'll make it up that early but will definitely go out to see her off. Does she dock where Enchanhtment, Grandeur and Navigator do or somewhere different?

Oasis always docks at berth 18, right by the red and white hooped smoke stacks. Celebrity Solstice and Equinox also use berth 18. All effectively RCI and they use the new terminal built especially for Oasis and later this year... Allure. I don't recall seeing any other ships use that berth.

Here's Oasis at berth 18 on April 10th this year...

20100410_OasisInPort.jpg

You can also see a port/berth map here.

Archived