Any ship besides rccl that allows baby in pool?

beffiegirl

I have cruised several times on rccl. Last on Indy, and my DS was 8mo. So he had a baby pool to play in. I was thinking about going on Carnival but I want my DS, who is now 1 1/2 yrs. to splash in a pool or aqua park. Does any ship have or allow this. Even the new ship dream? What about ncl? I would go on Rccl again but wanted to do a 4 or 5 nighter and Rccl's olders ships don't allow him to swim.

Also does Carnival have babysitting? Thanks alot!

I have cruised several times on rccl. Last on Indy, and my DS was 8mo. So he had a baby pool to play in. I was thinking about going on Carnival but I want my DS, who is now 1 1/2 yrs. to splash in a pool or aqua park. Does any ship have or allow this. Even the new ship dream? What about ncl? I would go on Rccl again but wanted to do a 4 or 5 nighter and Rccl's olders ships don't allow him to swim.

Also does Carnival have babysitting? Thanks alot!

Carnival's kids program begins @ 2 - no potty training required. It is free until 10 pm, when babysitting kicks in @ $6 per hour. But, no swimming or water parks if not potty trained. Sorry.

Thanks everyone...I did look at the freedom class, at the 4 nighters, but they don't go anywhere new for me...wanted to go the the bahamas. Maybe we'll do wonder...wanted to go on dream though next year. But can't wait to cruise again...need a fix! Maybe epic will have one...I hope. My son loves the water. I just feel to bad that he can't splash around in the water. :(

I saw this post below on one of the other threads. I haven't heard any new info though so I don't know if it is true or not.

"Update.... my friends currently on the TA to NYC were kind enough to investigate the aqua park on the new NCL Epic and have confirmed YES there is an area for children in swim diapers to play. I will be able to give more detail once they arrive in NYC and of course on my July 24th sailing."

I saw this post below on one of the other threads. I haven't heard any new info though so I don't know if it is true or not.

"Update.... my friends currently on the TA to NYC were kind enough to investigate the aqua park on the new NCL Epic and have confirmed YES there is an area for children in swim diapers to play. I will be able to give more detail once they arrive in NYC and of course on my July 24th sailing."

Yeah, I think its another one of those areas that looks like it should be for babies -- but the signs tell another story. :( NCL still has this listed for the pools on EPIC....

Are there any pool regulations?

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

Yeah, I think its another one of those areas that looks like it should be for babies -- but the signs tell another story. :( NCL still has this listed for the pools on EPIC....

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

That is too bad. :( I would think a new megaship like that would have something for the little ones. Oh well......

Here is a simple fix....buy and pack a blow up kiddie pool! Just fill it in one of the showers buy the pool. I have done this and have see people do this as well. Then when done just deflate it worked wonders for us! Hope this helps!

Just something like this:

http://www.target.com/Banzai-Crazy-Crab-Spray-pool/dp/B002TJZD2K/ref=br_1_4?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&qid=1278354569&searchView=grid5&sr=1-4&node=325879011&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=2&rh=&sessionID=183-1718248-3688235&searchSize=30&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin

I just spoke to my friends again yesterday onboard the EPIC and they assured me they got confirmation from the ships officer in charge of the pools their is a splash zone with swim diapers allowed. There is even a video on you tube of a little toddler using the facility. I will post pics, signage whatever I can find in a couple weeks once I am onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

We're going on the Epic at the end of August. My son will be 18 months old. He LOVES the water. I am really hoping he can play in that Splash Zone!

We took a blow up pool last summer and that worked great when he was 6 months. However, when we took it in April (he was 14 months then) he would only stay in for a few minutes before wanting to get out and walk around. It was ok, but not ideal.

Thank you, rolloman, and anyone else who can let us know if our little ones can splash. I'll post, too, if needed once I get back! :)

Cruise critic video shows little ones jumping around in EPIC splash pool at 26 second mark. http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1151

Come on rolloman -- don't get me excited like this! :eek: I can show you 100 videos of toddlers splashing around in the NCL (and CCL) baby pools in diapers but that doesn't mean that they are suppose to be there. :(

Remember when the new Evolutions of Fun came out on Carnival and even John Heald was posting on his blog that toddlers in diapers were allowed in that. :( Someone that should know better. We all celebrated because we thought that finally they had listened to us? :confused:

I really hope {fingers crossed} that NCL got the variance from the CDC that they needed. I would love to see another ship for toddlers and Epic is the most logical choice. Have your friends take a picture of the sign at the pool -- they all have them. If it doesn't say anything about swim diapers, then I will celebrate. :D

I am thinking about taking our next cruise (2011) on Epic -- and if friends join us -- this will be GREAT news!!!!!

Come on rolloman -- don't get me excited like this! :eek: I can show you 100 videos of toddlers splashing around in the NCL (and CCL) baby pools in diapers but that doesn't mean that they are suppose to be there. :(

Remember when the new Evolutions of Fun came out on Carnival and even John Heald was posting on his blog that toddlers in diapers were allowed in that. :( Someone that should know better. We all celebrated because we thought that finally they had listened to us? :confused:

I really hope {fingers crossed} that NCL got the variance from the CDC that they needed. I would love to see another ship for toddlers and Epic is the most logical choice. Have your friends take a picture of the sign at the pool -- they all have them. If it doesn't say anything about swim diapers, then I will celebrate. :D

I am thinking about taking our next cruise (2011) on Epic -- and if friends join us -- this will be GREAT news!!!!!

Well I am on it 6 days so I will take pics and investigate it to death if need be lol.

Well I am on it 6 days so I will take pics and investigate it to death if need be lol.

I will be waiting for your return. :D Your mission...get that sign! LOTS and LOTS of pictures!

It doesn't matter how many kids are in the pool -- we know that people break the rules. And how many crew members say its allowed -- been there, done that ;) We need a picture of the sign that is posted near the water park area. That picture is worth a million words! :D:D:D:D

THANKS!!!!! Oh, and have a great cruise too...LOL!!!!!!

Archived