Do we need to bring seasick pills?

Cru1ser

we've been on a smaller ship before, no seasick at all. what's the probability that we'd get seasick on Celebrity Mercury?

In a rough sea, or rolling waves, the ship is going to rock and roll. Calm sea, no problem.

I would bring some of the pills such as Bonine. The key is to take them before you feel sea sick.

The sea bands don't work for everyone, and even the manufacturers note that.

While most ships have the pills on board sometimes they could be out of them for your sailing.

As to the waters, you never know so it's always good to come prepared on any cruise wherever you sail.

Keith

When I get sea sick, it is terrible and lasts for 2 days, so since I can't predict when the seas will stir up, I take a less than drousy one a day dramamine (less than $4 at Walmart for a pack of 12 pills) and then take the old fashioned dramamine if the seas get stirred up.The pills are very expensive on the ship. Grams98

Just want to warn everybody before they go popping pills, be it Bonine or Dramamine, read the fine print. There are warnings and some people shouldn't be taking them. Best to check with your doctor first before you start self medicating yourselves. For instance, here is a warning listed for Bonine:

Warnings:

Do not use for children under 12 years of age unless directed by a doctor

Do not take unless directed by a doctor if you have:

* glaucoma

* trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland

* a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis

Do not take if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, without first consulting your doctor

I am very proactive when it comes to preventing sea sickness.I would never leave home (or ship)without some form of Anti motion pills.You need to take them before you even get the inckling od quizzyness,We were out on a small 7 passenger boat and while viewing wildlife the boat was rocking and the smell of Diesel was not a good comb.Just took another chewable pill and I almost instantly felt better.Not going to chance it .

Sea Bands work quite well for us. Just got a new pair from Ebay for less than $6 plus free shipping. As a "Plan B", also picked up generic Bonine from Kroger this week, $1.99 for 8 pills.

Archived