Golden Window Suites

gregjm

I get emails from a travel agency that is having a Princess sale. They list WS cabins for $776 (nonrefundable) for a 7 day Bermuda/Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess on May 1, 2011. But the Princess.com site has these listed as $1,729!!

All of them must be booked as only a gty is available. Of course, if you get a WS gty and none of the WS's are available, then I would assume you'd get a full suite with a balcony. Not too bad either way for $110/day! :D

All of them must be booked as only a gty is available. Of course, if you get a WS gty and none of the WS's are available, then I would assume you'd get a full suite with a balcony. Not too bad either way for $110/day! :D

I would think they would first upgrade the people who paid higher prices for the WS. I wouldn't count on a full suite.

Yes, the WS is a full suite with all of the perks.

P&J

So, if we booked a WS guarantee, and they sold out, we would be assigned a VS, or above ? They can't downgrade us to a mini, can they ? And I saw where the VS suites are obstructed. How obstructed are they, and by what ?

So, if we booked a WS guarantee, and they sold out, we would be assigned a VS, or above ? They can't downgrade us to a mini, can they ? And I saw where the VS suites are obstructed. How obstructed are they, and by what ?

As I said before, there is a chance you may get one but I'd say there is a better chance that they would upgrade one of the people that booked before you, especially if they paid more than you did and then you would get a WS. You never know!!! You may just get what you paid for but they won't give you anything below the WS. So, no, they will not downgrade you to a mini. The VS suites have a large beam on the balcony - on one side. It is no big problem because the balconies are large.

I would think they would first upgrade the people who paid higher prices for the WS. I wouldn't count on a full suite.

I'm not counting on anything - this was just a cruise I saw advertised; it's not my cruise. And, yes, the WS is a full suite. Just doesn't have a balcony, but everything else is the same (personally, I think the bathroom is nicer than the other full suites I've seen). That's why they're a great bargain when the price is so low! ;)

As I said before, there is a chance you may get one but I'd say there is a better chance that they would upgrade one of the people that booked before you, especially if they paid more than you did and then you would get a WS.

Upgrades are computer generated according to what cabins are in high demand and what ones need filled on a certain ship. They don't look at who paid more or who booked first.

And yes, if you book a WS and then get upgraded, it has to be to a full suite with a balcony - there's nothing else above a WS! Obviously most people won't get upgraded, but there are only 7 WS's and if you do get an upgrade you'll get a balcony. Great deal either way! You really can't go wrong with a WS gty. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hurry up and snag that last WS on May 17 Canada/New England. It's F301...and WELL WORTH IT!!!! Full Suite perks at a balcony price! It just opened up this morning...I am sure it will go fast!

It's strange how the demand for these rooms can be so different. On the Caribbean Princess, May 17 has one left, June 13 is waitlisted, and June 22 has 5 left, plus possibly the handicapped accessible one.

It's strange how the demand for these rooms can be so different. On the Caribbean Princess, May 17 has one left, June 13 is waitlisted, and June 22 has 5 left, plus possibly the handicapped accessible one.

I have been watching these suites for the May 8th Caribbean Princess cruise. There were seven or so left about a week ago and now there are still three left. However, the price is about $1,000 more than a balcony cabin so that's probably why they are still available. It is strange how on some cruises they are the same price as a balcony. At the higher price, I wouldn't want to give up my balcony for the suite perks since you are really paying for them anyway.

We're on that June 22nd sailing of the Caribbean Princess & we're booked into the only WS that's taken so far. I'm really surprised that no one else has snagged one of these because the price isn't that much more than a mini (which is what we upgraded from). When the WS prices on our sailing dropped I called Princess to ask about suite perks - when my husband heard what we'd be getting included he said, "Take it!", so I did. At the current pricing, they seem to be a pretty good deal, from what people are saying (I've never even had a mini-suite so either of these categories seem wonderful to me).

I've never even had a mini-suite so either of these categories seem wonderful to me.

Missjanet,

I am used to a balcony, but if you look at the Caribbean deck plans you'll see that just outside the WS hallway is the atrium stairway and elevators. Just walk (or ride) up one deck to the Promenade deck. There's a door right there that goes out onto the deck. There are nice deck chairs where we can sit and enjoy the outdoors. Not that there will be many sea days anyway (2). I think that I will really enjoy the suite perks more than a balcony on this cruise. Then I'll have my balcony on the next one. ;) :D

pmc7704 asked earlier if you can get the rate drop if you book a guarantee. Does anyone know the answer to that?

According to my travel agent, the answer is "yes" Guarantees can get rate drops. Good deal !

Hi Go-Bucks,

We had treated ourselves by getting a mini for this special occasion cruise, but then those WS dropped drastically in price & I couldn't resist them! Thanks for the good advice about going up a deck to the outdoors - I am not at all familiar with this ship, but I'm really excited about this cruise. You're on the sailing before us, I believe. The whole WS situation has me REALLY excited about this trip - just love those (never before experienced) suite perks!

I have to say I'm surprised there are still so many Window Suites available on our sailing while it looks like all the suites on your sailing have been snatched up by CC members - that is going to be so much fun, having your own CC hallway. :)

Archived