Dining times in BLU

I'll be on the Solstice July 25th. I have a late seating for dinner. If I go to BLU, do I have to keep this same time, or do I go when I please? Also, can you get the MDR selections in room service? This is my first time on Celebrity.

I am a little confused about your question but it could be me. If your late seating is in Blu then you can basically go when you want, they have flex dining. If you are assigned to the MDR, you can't eat in Blu unless you have an AQ cabin or are in a suite. Suites can only eat in Blu on space availability and with a surcharge...

Also, if you wish to get MDR selections from room service just ask your room steward for a menu....

I believe you can only go to Blu if you have an Aquaclass cabin. (The one exception I am aware of is that the restaurant manager will sometimes invite guests in the suites to come to Blu if space is available). In other words, it is not a venue where a guest assigned tio the main restaurant can decide to go one evening like Murano or the Tuscan Grille.

We have booked AQ class - our reservation says late dining but it sounds like we can go earlier if we wish. That would be a nice perk for AQ class. We are trying AQ for the first time as well.

One Eclipse last month, booked as Aqua 2nd sitting, we were requested to go on the first night at 8.30ish, after that, we could go what time we liked. We went from between 7.30 and 9.15, had to wait a few minutes a couple of times, as we wanted 'our' waiters.

Breakfast was only served up to 9.30am, missed it one morning after a late night!

A couple from a suite had breakfast and dinner every day in Blu, and there were often some empty tables.

Richard

I just booked an Aqua Class room in the August 21st sailing out of Southampton. Because of the lack of information on the Celebrity website, I was not familiar with the procedures at Blu. I requested "celebrity select" dining. I then saw on the website that if you are booked in Aqua Class and you choose "Celebrity Select" dining you will not be seated in Blu and have to go the the main dining room for the whole cruise. I even called celebrity and this was their comment as well. They said that if I want to eat in Blu I have to book either early or late seating. When I asked if I could choose to eat in the main dining room a few nights, they suggested that I talk the Matre' d once on board and they could probably arrange this.

I find this quite restricting and a bit strange. I am glad to hear the comment that you can choose your own times. Also I have not seen any information on menus for Blu. I like the idea of Blu but also would like the option of the food from the main Dining room if they have something good on the menu.

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Cheers

Phillip

They do have you select early or late dining in Blu when booking but that is just an artifact of the old system. When we boarded, we went to talk to the staff in BLU to make sure that it was open seating and were told it was indeed completely open seating, including the first day. Just show up whenever you would like for dinner, during operating hours of course.:o

I requested "celebrity select" dining. I then saw on the website that if you are booked in Aqua Class and you choose "Celebrity Select" dining you will not be seated in Blu and have to go the the main dining room for the whole cruise. I even called celebrity and this was their comment as well. They said that if I want to eat in Blu I have to book either early or late seating. When I asked if I could choose to eat in the main dining room a few nights, they suggested that I talk the Matre' d once on board and they could probably arrange this.

I find this quite restricting and a bit strange. I am glad to hear the comment that you can choose your own times. Also I have not seen any information on menus for Blu. I like the idea of Blu but also would like the option of the food from the main Dining room if they have something good on the menu.

Cheers

Phillip

I had the same questions about our AQ res for Oct. 3. After posting a question and talking to Celebrity I found, as you say, that you choose a MDR dining time but dine in Blu at any time. I had originally chosen dining select and was told that meant I would dine in MDR even though booked in AQ. I agree quite confusing and they need to make the system easier to understand when booking.

I just booked an Aqua Class room in the August 21st sailing out of Southampton. Because of the lack of information on the Celebrity website, I was not familiar with the procedures at Blu. I requested "celebrity select" dining. I then saw on the website that if you are booked in Aqua Class and you choose "Celebrity Select" dining you will not be seated in Blu and have to go the the main dining room for the whole cruise. I even called celebrity and this was their comment as well. They said that if I want to eat in Blu I have to book either early or late seating. When I asked if I could choose to eat in the main dining room a few nights, they suggested that I talk the Matre' d once on board and they could probably arrange this.

Cheers

Phillip

Phillip:

Just make sure you change your dining from Select to either early or late. Once on board it is very easy.

Archived