What A Great Show

Soextcited

I was lucky enough to live in the NY area for the first 40 years of my life, and even luckier to have been able to spend a few Fourth of July's at the River Cafe, underneath the Brooklyn Bridge,watching the fireworks. I now live in Jupiter, Fl, which is beautiful, but I have to admit, I cried my eyes out tonight watching the fireworks display from the Epic. It was spectacular. Thank God I'm on it Saturday, I don't think I could last much longer

It was very "touching" wasn't it. I'm sure even more for you since you are from NY. But the music that they played and dedicated to the men and women of the Army, Navy and Marines....it was very, very heartwarming and touching. That fireworks display was UNREAL! I'm thinking about taking a trip to NY next year...if it's anything like that every year. I'm from Ohio and we have always been told that we have one of the biggest, best fireworks display this half of the US. I think every year it tends to get less and less. We have people from all over come here for the 4th. I'm now thinking that NY has us beat by 6x's. :D Is it always like this?

I don't know how I'm going to hang on to another 9 weeks, 6 days, 1 hour, 18 min and 20 sec for my cruise....:( :eek:

i can't wait to see this show here on the West Coast. i'll DVR it and watch it after my local fireworks show ( across the street).

We went to the main fireworks on friday, one of the cities fireworks close by last night and was suppose to go to another city fireworks tonight (until right before we got ready to leave the husband had changed channels and I seen NBC...and screamed "WAIT, STOP, WHAT IS THIS???? IS THIS MY SHIP???" Then I sat down and never moved after that...missing our fireworks for tonight. Oh well. :eek:

We went to the main fireworks on friday, one of the cities fireworks close by last night and was suppose to go to another city fireworks tonight (until right before we got ready to leave the husband had changed channels and I seen NBC...and screamed "WAIT, STOP, WHAT IS THIS???? IS THIS MY SHIP???" Then I sat down and never moved after that...missing our fireworks for tonight. Oh well. :eek:

Im liking your new sig :)

Im liking your new sig :)

Thanks, I worked on it this morning for a few minutes while the house was quiet and everyone was still in bed. :D It was the best thought I could come up with in about 5 min. Everyone was getting one, so I couldn't be left out. hehe :p

Thanks, I worked on it this morning for a few minutes while the house was quiet and everyone was still in bed. :D It was the best thought I could come up with in about 5 min. Everyone was getting one, so I couldn't be left out. hehe :p

I reckon you should move the black part at the top closer to the front, just like the Epic has lol

I reckon you should move the black part at the top closer to the front, just like the Epic has lol

I thought about it, but it wouldn't look right...and figured others wouldn't think it would look right either. LOL, that's kinda funny...it wouldn't "look" right. Hmmmm :D

I use to live in Toronto and watched fireworks for a week with the international challenge shows. Ours was on 1 July Canada and the USA entry was on the 4th. with others in between. It took about 10 days to run the entire show. We did not sleep much then between work and security duties (husband and I were both in Canadian Forces at time). We also had our air show that weekend.

I watched three different displays tonight starting with Frinds 4th. Then the New York on Epic and another one.

I was lucky enough to live in the NY area for the first 40 years of my life, and even luckier to have been able to spend a few Fourth of July's at the River Cafe, underneath the Brooklyn Bridge,watching the fireworks. I now live in Jupiter, Fl, which is beautiful, but I have to admit, I cried my eyes out tonight watching the fireworks display from the Epic. It was spectacular. Thank God I'm on it Saturday, I don't think I could last much longer

Are you on the 7/10? Come join the Roll Call, link is in my signature!

I think every year it tends to get less and less. We have people from all over come here for the 4th. I'm now thinking that NY has us beat by 6x's. :D Is it always like this?

I don't know how I'm going to hang on to another 9 weeks, 6 days, 1 hour, 18 min and 20 sec for my cruise....:( :eek:

It's always a great show, but I think it was downsized a bit this year. Didn't seem like it went down river as far as before, nor were there the sailing barges with displays. Good show non the less.

I was hoping to see more of the ship.. I'll just have to wait a couple months more.

It was nice to see the Spice H2O area on Epic. I thought the fireworks show is nice but NBC does too much switchng of cameras. It's a little too frenetic for me. The best segment for me was "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." I also watched the Boston Fireworks on CBS which came on CBS after the NY show. Although t's on a smaller scale (but still pretty big) it was much better. Camera work was better and so was the musc. Also having less of an area to cover made for a better picture. It was still nice to see both shows, though. And seeing part of Epic was, of course, the bonus.

Archived