Cancelling an excursions

shelmo

I have pre booked an excursion on the Gem but have decided to do my own thing, $109 per person seems rather a lot now I have had time to read these forums.

I'm am travelling on my own with my two daughters and at the time thought it would be safer to go on an organised trip but after reading all your advice it seems quite easy to get around by ourselves and I don't think they would appreciate being stuck on bus for 5 hours, shopping is more their thing.

I don't seemed to have paid for it as yet but cannot find any way of cancelling it online. Can I do it when I get on the ship or do I have to do it before I leave.

Also as we are on a med cruise do I tip in $ or Euros. Thanks for any help

I have pre booked an excursion on the Gem but have decided to do my own thing, $109 per person seems rather a lot now I have had time to read these forums.

I'm am travelling on my own with my two daughters and at the time thought it would be safer to go on an organised trip but after reading all your advice it seems quite easy to get around by ourselves and I don't think they would appreciate being stuck on bus for 5 hours, shopping is more their thing.

I don't seemed to have paid for it as yet but cannot find any way of cancelling it online. Can I do it when I get on the ship or do I have to do it before I leave.

Also as we are on a med cruise do I tip in $ or Euros. Thanks for any help

You can call the shore excursion desk to cancel, you can't cancel online. You can also wait until you get onboard to cancel as long as you do it 24 hours before the excursion. NCL doesn't charge for excursions until you get onboard. Of course with the DSC there is no need to tip but if you choose to I think either would work.

You can call the shore excursion desk to cancel, you can't cancel online. You can also wait until you get onboard to cancel as long as you do it 24 hours before the excursion. NCL doesn't charge for excursions until you get onboard. Of course with the DSC there is no need to tip but if you choose to I think either would work.

We were onboard the Dawn a few weeks ago and I am pretty sure on the ticket it says you have 48 hours to cancel before being charged.

Do you mean tipping the taxi driver?

Do it in Euros, but tipping is much different over there, just round up the fare to an even amount, i.e. instead of paying the 3.57 just round it up to 4 euros or 5 if the driver was great.

Have fun!

Archived