Hosted Tables

MARIANH

>" Unless of course you were not being serious - difficult to judge from this side of the pond."

Well, this Pond was just trying to bring a smile, having taken several courses in statistics in university. No offense was intended. obviously it's a case of inferred and implied.

:):):):):):)

Thank you for the clarification. We are two nations separated by a common language! And a common love of cruising courtesy of Seabourn.

I know I'm late adding to this long post....I really don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the way Seabourn does it...they are too busy! They obviously try hard to include those with many days and those in the expensive suites BUT we are not in the expensive ones and we have been included many times, some in advance and some last minute. I have noticed that some crew members/ entertainer tables are more fun than others, and the guests figure that out pretty quickly. Last cruise there was an entertainer who was a good performer but horrible at social conversation. They had to really work to find him a table. We got invited three times in a row! One cruise we didn't meet many people at first so we took every invitation and if you accept every one, I think you get more.

Toward the end of the cruise, many couples have met people they want to sit with so they have a harder time filling the host tables...that's when the ones that don't get invitations at first tend to get their share.

Our FIRST cruise on the Seabourn was our honeymoon and they knew that, so the first night we were at the Captain's table. Five Seabourn cruises later and we have never been at Captain's table! Definitely a mystery!!!

Archived