Rum runners + airline checked luggage,problems?

gracers

Let us just say that there are a few of us who don't like the rule and refuse to be intimidated by it. You really don't have to abide by the rules as our founders proved when they dumped the tea in the bay.
"I agreed to a set of rules, but I'm going to pick and choose which ones I'm going to abide by."

What a lovely attitude. :rolleyes:

Is that a Horizon rule or a TSA rule?

The x-ray that is done of luggage is by TSA and they do not care what Horizon does or does not want. They just care about what TSA prohibits. Horizon does not open or x-ray luggage.

That said, if not in a sealed, original bottle, how can TSA know for sure what the liquid is?

This came from the Horizon website...good point.

I've traveled with RumRunners for many years with no problems. I always test the brand new ones at home before using them for a trip.

I double Zip-Loc bag them and put them into a zippered part of my checked bag.

The only items I've ever had taken from my checked bags were UNDERWEAR.

How do you test them? I read we're suppose to fill them with warm/hot water first thing???

Yes, I do the hot/warm water thing, but I also leave water in them for a spell to test for leaks. Out of all the one's I've bought over the years, only 1 leaked and it was replaced promptly. Just a bad seal.

Be sure not to loose the caps. Easy to do.

• 2 weeks later...
I've traveled with RumRunners for many years with no problems. I always test the brand new ones at home before using them for a trip.

I double Zip-Loc bag them and put them into a zippered part of my checked bag.

The only items I've ever had taken from my checked bags were UNDERWEAR.

OMG I almost fell out of my chair on that one! :DReally someone stole your 'underwear'? man thats rough.:confused:

Yes, someone took some of my underwear. On a travel BB devoted to flying there have been several reports of this happening to other women. It is always the nice stuff that gets stolen.

Did you try looking for it on eBay :)?

Archived