what can we expect on New Years Eve?

We will be aboard the Liberty with our 3 children ages 19, 21 25. I am assuming this is a formal night, but either way we will dress for the occasion. Will we find a large number of children on this cruise? We are celebrating my husband's 50th and my son's graduation from college (5 months early lol). This is also everyone's Christmas present! So tell me what you can regarding # of children aboard and the events usually planned for the evening of the 31st.

On another note- would someone please remind us of the recommended tipping guidelines. We've been 6 years in "dry dock":p

We booked late so only early seating was available. I doubt we will be eating in the dining room. What other options are there. Does the Windjammer offer the same menu as the MDR?

Thanks in advance

As for dining, you can now chose My Time dining. Basically you pick the time and size table you want each night. They have a special section of the dining room set aside for this. But you have to prepay tips for this.

Here is a link to tipping guide:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000iwGHEzgxZZDx4oVXj5vgtR2:12h3g0fq2?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=263&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

As for dining, you can now chose My Time dining. Basically you pick the time and size table you want each night. They have a special section of the dining room set aside for this. But you have to prepay tips for this.

Here is a link to tipping guide:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000iwGHEzgxZZDx4oVXj5vgtR2:12h3g0fq2?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=263&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

Thanks I asked about my time dining but apparently they limit the # of people who can sign up for that. :(

the Windjammer offers some of the dinner menu, like the soups and meat choices. I've never had lobster there though. ask to be waitlisted for the late dinner seating, and then visit the maitre'd when you board, you never know, you just might get it.

on new year's eve, there will be confetti and noise makers and hats and balloons. a very festive evening.

I have never been on Liberty for New Years Eve and I dont know the length of this particular cruise, but there should be a balloon drop on the promenade, they do give out hats and noisemakers as well. We chose to NOT be on the promenade because you literally could not move. We chose to be out under the stars on the pool deck, where every single person ends up after the balloon drop. Our holiday cruise was a 12 night and had a huge amount of kids- from all over actually. I think it depends on cruise length, but Im sure there will be plenty of kids. Have them go to the club to meet others near their ages.

Oh, as for dining room I would keep calling back, you are plenty far out to be able to get the seating time you want. Something sounds wrong with what you're being told. [i think anyway, lol] Also, the windjammer will have some of what the main dining room has, but it is definitely limited. We are just off of Explorer and were disappointed that the windjammer had soups and main courses, but no appetizers. We just wanted to stop in there for appetizers before going to the main dining room, but were flawed that there were none to be found.

Have been on Explorer for Christmas and NYE. NYE was formal and there was standing room only on the Promenade by about 10 pm. I went to another floor at the end at just before midnight and stood there overlooking the promenade for the balloon drop. I think we got noisemakers at dinner. I would be surprised if you couldn't sign up for My Time Dining now - just prepay your gratuities to do it. Otherwise you will have to go to the dining room as soon as you board and see if they can accommodate a table of 5. I also have to say there was kids everywhere. I don't know how many there were but to notice it there had to be a lot of them. I was on the Independence spring break and didn't notice it as bad as NYE cruise. Enjoy your holiday cruise. I also notice that there have been some price drops on the holiday cruises so check if you are eligible.

Archived