NY arrival, touring, and dest advice?

Packman1000

I have tried to look through some older posts for info, but there are so many options being dicussed, I'm confused. So, if I can get some advice on this probable itinerary for us:

Cruising on Princess - September 11th. Will fly into NY on the 9th through LGA. So we need 2 nights in a hotel. We want to visit some of the major tourist sites, as neither of us have been to the NY area (Thurday night and Friday touring, and then on Saturday morning we need to get to the Brroklyn pier). Prefer not to spend a bunch on a hotel, but also don't want to do the same on taxi's - so we need the best options for the best cost. We like to walk - 5 or 10 miles in a day is fine.

We will be departing NY about 5:30 on the 18th. Does Princess offer a tour on the return day with a drop at the airport (I just called them and they said they did not - but I don't think the guy knew a lot about it)? If they do, we will take advantage of one of those - probably a boat tour, if available.

Any info on transportation and location would be apprecieated. Thanks.

Dave

We have just stayed at the Wyndham Garden Hotel, Times Square South which we booked through Booking.com - the hotel is not in a pretty area but the room rate was great considering it was the 4th July holiday week-end. The rooms are not huge but very, very clean and the staff are without fail helpful and pleasant. There is a shuttle to the airports (at a cost). Anyone on a budget could do worse than stay there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived