Ship Board Videos

Rocket4Oh

Thank you Lyn & J&S/S&J,

I have watched all of those videos as well as others and almost have them memorized :p.

On one of your posts, J&S, you said, "...leave a little mystery to the cruise.." or words to that effect. Yes, I do want to enjoy uncovering some of the 'mystery' of the ship but watching these videos - especially the home made ones - is like getting to travel over and over. The added plus is that with my DW being a detail freak she will be satisfied to know a few of the the nooks and crannies on board.

Any other links out there?

Keith

Thank you Lyn & J&S/S&J,

I have watched all of those videos as well as others and almost have them memorized :p.

On one of your posts, J&S, you said, "...leave a little mystery to the cruise.." or words to that effect. Yes, I do want to enjoy uncovering some of the 'mystery' of the ship but watching these videos - especially the home made ones - is like getting to travel over and over. The added plus is that with my DW being a detail freak she will be satisfied to know a few of the the nooks and crannies on board.

Any other links out there?

Keith

I'm not familiar with any other video links, but if your wife is a detail freak, show her the deck plans.

They are exceedingly accurate and the detail is glorious, even the placement of furniture is indicated.

10.jpgWe enjoy armchair travel as much as the next person, and the details can make or break a vacation, but it is also very easy to overthink all this.

ZME66

Had not seen these before. Thank you.

J&S/S&J,

This may be kinda weird...well maybe really weird but I printed out the deck plans, put colored dots on the many loactions around the ship (restaurants, bars, etc) and made up little name cards for all of the spaces. It can be used as kind of a puzzle - match the name card to the dot. :cool:...it HAS helped to learn the location of things!

Just remember the restaurants are at the back of the ship

Afternoon tea, morning coffee & pastries are in the front at Horizons

Have fun exploring

Lyn

For lots of info on Oceania or any ship have a look at http://cruiseclues.com/

yarramar

Thanks. Looks like a good site although a number of the links/photos that I've quickly explored are out of date.

Lyn,

I'm going to make a short statement long...:rolleyes:

I'm a tennis player and somewhat of a purist. JIC you aren't familiar with the scoring in tennis each game score progression is 15, 30, 40, game. If the score is tied at 40-all it is called deuce. After that one player must win two points in a row to win the game. After deuce the score is announced as Ad-in or Ad-out (server’s advantage or receiver’s advantage. However, when the score is 40-30 or 30-40 (server/receiver needs one more point to win the game, quite a few players will announce the score as Ad-in/out. For a purist you cannot have an Ad score if you haven’t had a deuce score! (Nit-picking to the extreme???:cool:)

I am a retired sailor who has put numerous days/weeks/months at sea. (Do you see where this is going? J) and I sigh heavily when a reference is made to the stern of a ship as the back and the bow of a ship referred to as the front. It’s not you Lyn (or whomever), it’s me and my darn quirk. So if, as you are reading and responding to a thread in which someone says “…back/front of the ship…” and your intuitive senses feel a disturbance in the force, it’s only me wailing.

PS; Lyn, I truly have appreciated your advice which has been most patient with the likes of me. I will be taking too much Ad(vantage) of the food offered both on the back AND front of the boat and (heavy sigh here) my tennis game will suffer greatly for the indulgence!

)

I am a retired sailor who has put numerous days/weeks/months at sea. (Do you see where this is going? J) and I sigh heavily when a reference is made to the stern of a ship as the back and the bow of a ship referred to as the front. It’s not you Lyn (or whomever), it’s me and my darn quirk.

OK most people on cruises do not know the bow from the stern or the difference in port & starboard so just easier to say back or front than bow(pointy end) & stern:D

Also if you want a nice place to sit away from it all try deck 5 on the beam

We are off today & join the ship on Sunday

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

Fair winds

Well, I for one feel much better. You make my occasional (if that's possible) OCD look like casual curiosity :D

I'll bet you're glad the ships are small compared to other lines monster ships or you'd have a much harder time with your puzzle - oh, did you happen to make it in 3D? Is it to scale? Have you laminated a reference card with detailed descriptions of what each colour means? You really need to add some little people to the puzzle as well. If you did those things, it would REALLY give you a leg up on finding your way around ;)

ZME66

This may be kinda weird...well maybe really weird but I printed out the deck plans, put colored dots on the many loactions around the ship (restaurants, bars, etc) and made up little name cards for all of the spaces. It can be used as kind of a puzzle - match the name card to the dot. :cool:...it HAS helped to learn the location of things!

Well, I for one feel much better. You make my occasional (if that's possible) OCD look like casual curiosity :D

I'll bet you're glad the ships are small compared to other lines monster ships or you'd have a much harder time with your puzzle - oh, did you happen to make it in 3D? Is it to scale? Have you laminated a reference card with detailed descriptions of what each colour means? You really need to add some little people to the puzzle as well. If you did those things, it would REALLY give you a leg up on finding your way around ;)

LOL.

Man I gotta get busy!! Great ideas! I'm off to my local hobby shop for balsa wood and paint. Hummm, I wonder if I can ship the 3-D scale model to Athens?:D

Thanks for making my day.

OK most people on cruises do not know the bow from the stern or the difference in port & starboard so just easier to say back or front than bow(pointy end) & stern:D

Also if you want a nice place to sit away from it all try deck 5 on the beam

We are off today & join the ship on Sunday

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

Fair winds

Enjoy your Windmills and Wonders Cruise. Looks like a great itinerary.

(If you shold be on the Nautica in early September say hi. I'll be the guy on deck 5 on the beam wearing a little sailing hat with my scale model of the ship floating it around in a tub of water.....I can get the conceirge to get me a tub of water, can't I?;))

(If you shold be on the Nautica in early September say hi. I'll be the guy on deck 5 on the beam wearing a little sailing hat with my scale model of the ship floating it around in a tub of water.....I can get the conceirge to get me a tub of water, can't I?;))

No we will not be there but be sure to get some to take a snap of you :D

Lyn

73's

.....I can get the conceirge to get me a tub of water, can't I?;))

Maybe, but your butler will be able to get your tub filled with water or whatever. :eek:

Jill

If you haven't done this already, go to YouTube and do a search for "Oceania Regatta" or "Oceania Nautica" or "Oceania Insignia". There are several passenger filmed videos posted for each ship.

It seems the only one i've missed so far is the line dance lesson onboard the Nautica...now I won't feel so self-conscious getting up to dance on our cruise:p

I was amazaed at the lack of videos of the "O" ships compared to say.. NCL.

Not just very few Videos, but even few still photos.

Several were found on youtube were commercial in nature... but good.

I remember one of a cruiser having a chicken liver "Birthday" dinner in his cabin, and one where some sort of Lamb Stir-fry was being prepared in a restaurant.

I was hoping for dozens of pics and videos of the various areas of the vessels, and some videos of dinners being served.

I googled for pics of the "Dailys" from the ships and found very, very little.

I found just enough to tease me.

Keith, after reading this thread, I can't wait to meet you at our M & G!! We sail exactly 9 weeks from today--but I'm sure you knew that already.:D

Billie

Look for me in the lounge on deck 5. I'll be the guy with the rubber duckie.

Our roll call has been kinda quiet lately? Hope that changes.

Archived