Pride cancels trips

[quote name='cruisecruisecruise1234567']I have looked over the ES rules and I am certian I could get more compensation to those who booked ES.
Everyone got the $50,so what did those who put up a [B]non refundable deposit get[/B]?
So are they refunding a non refundable deposit now or are they making those who book ES choose another cruise?
We both know they are refunding it all,but there are still damages here for those who have airline tickets and those who purchased insurance.

If you did not purchase ES, you are out of luck.

Let me ask this question.....did those who purchased CCL insurance for this cruise,will they get it refunded?Those that purchased CL air,will they get it refunded or will they have tickets that they will either have to enjoy MD. for a week or pay a fee to change? Remember,the contract states that they,CCL are only acting as a TA (for simple terms) in this matter so the insurance has been bought and the air might have been.Those who booked it all are being treated better than those who put up a non refundable deposit.
If you used a TA for the cruise,insurance,and air will they be able to get you a refund of your travel insurance and air tickets?

The problem with ES,is you are forced to sail or lose the money.There has to be terms and conditions in order to have a contract and the second you entered into this contract,it cost you $250, so CCL canceling and not compensating those who had this contract with them is wrong.
I would bet I could get a minimum of $175 per person in OBC. $50 they are offering and half the amount at risk ($250 in half=$125) for a total of $175.[/quote]

And how much would your hourly rate, photocopying rate, filing fees, and all the other legal fees associated with engaging you to get back this $175 be?

Don't bother answering. I already know. And it's more than $175.

[quote name='ava_girl_123'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Can someone please post the email that you received so we may take a look at what it says? [/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[URL="http://carnivalfunmail.com/a/hBMNQAsA6i8YVB8OACNCzrvxrgl/cclogo"][IMG]http://f.chtah.com/i/23/982238741/Header_CTA_CarnivalLogo_Blue.gif[/IMG][/URL][IMG]http://f.chtah.com/i/23/982238741/Header_TopRight_Blue.gif[/IMG][COLOR=#005699][IMG]http://f.chtah.com/i/23/982238741/urgent_notice.gif[/IMG]

[B]Important Cancellation Notice [/B]
Carnival Pride
NOVEMBER 7, 2010[/COLOR]
July 7, 2010

Dear Carnival Guest:
We know you must be looking forward to your upcoming cruise, which is why we are sorry to inform you that the November 7, 2010 sailing on the Carnival Pride has been cancelled. We truly regret this change of plans; however, the ship's dry-dock schedule has now been rescheduled for these dates.
We realize how important vacations are. So, our team is standing by to discuss your cruise options and assist you in planning another Carnival cruise right away. We're sure you will find another Carnival vacation filled with an equal amount of FUN that will suit your needs. We will provide you with a $50 per person onboard credit when rebooking any future Carnival cruise, departing prior to April 2012.
Your funds will be held for 5 days to allow you time to reschedule. We request that you please call us at 1-800-CARNIVAL or contact your Personal Vacation Planner at 1-800-819-3902 so we can make other arrangements for you.
If you purchased independent air transportation and need to make changes

Oh, I feel so bad for you! I would be in bed crying my eyes out if my upcoming cruise was canceled! As for the kids, we plan vacations far in advance and sometimes things do happen. Yes, its difficult and the kids do get upset. Recently we were all set to head off to Wisconsin to see family and spend time hiking but a series of unexpected things happened and we didn't go. Nothing like having a couple of 'tween' girls angry with you! But they are better now and we promised some trips to the beach later this year.

I was thinking what I would do if this happened to us. We also purchased trip insurance which would take care of anything that the cruiseline did not reimburse, which is very nice. But honestly, I think I would just take the airfare we paid already, fly to Venice and stay in cheap hotels, take trains and just find a way to enjoy ourselves!

If I lived where you do, I would find a lovely big house to rent on the shore, maybe Assateague area (I have a personal love for that area), pack up the kids and go for the week. I did research out there and the birds fly over that time of year, there are few tourists, the weather is crisp and beautiful. But its not the Caribbean and unlike you, I get more than my share of sunshine here.

You might look for some cheap flights to Florida...That is off-season here and you might find some as well as houses on the beach to rent. Orlando is very quiet then and there are lots of inexpensive hotels to be had if you look online. We live here and have found some great deals that time of year. Harry Potter's ville should be rather quiet. I can't find any replacement here for Atlantis although there are lots of great water parks near Orlando plus beaches that are in my opinion better than Nassau or Freeport (we rarely get off the ship there). With the oil spill affecting north Florida, tourists are afraid of Florida so there are many deals to be had and 99% of the beaches and the rest of the state is still lovely. November is one of my favorite times here!! We hibernate in the summer when its hot and all the tourists are here and don't go out and explore until fall.

I am sure its difficult but I bet the kids would enjoy any vacation where they have all the attention from mom and dad! Its the togetherness that is important here. Besides, better to be somewhere safe than on a ship that obviously needs some sort of mechanical repair.

Good luck to you and if you need any advice on Florida that time of year, feel free to ask.

[quote name='Aknot']Please dont take this the wrong way.... but why wouldnt that have been the first thing you do instead of coming here?

You have wasted precious time where someone else in the same situation may have beaten you to the punch.[/quote]

I personally have a job where I can be on the internet at work..but can't just make a phone call especially when you don't know if it could take a while or not. That might be the same for the OP.

[quote name='delongedoug']Can anyone confirm that the $50 OBC is indeed only available for 5 days? Based on the way the letter is written, the $50 OBC and our money being held for 5 days to rebook are separate topics and paragraphs.[/quote]

Anyone? Bueller?

Carnival is in a no-win situation here.

How many posts have we seen in which the OP is outraged that Carnival has not taken a ship with problems out of service for a dry-dock?

How may posts have we seen in which the OP is outraged that Carnival is taking a ship with problems out of service for a dry-dock and therefore their cruise has been canceled?

Some folks book early, some last minute. Four months notice is more than acceptable.

Note: I am no Carnival cheerleader. In fact, unless they have a sailing that is just too good to pass up, I'm probably done with Carnival. Just not the experience I am looking for any longer, but all best wishes to my Carnival fans out there.

And where has it been written other than on this board that the issue is mechanical? No one knows the real story. Could be that the slot for the dry dock came up and Carnival decided to take it early.

The issue that I have........... it is only four months until these people were to cruise. The least that Carnival could have done was offer them similar cabin accommodations on a different ship for the same price that they paid. No, I don't think that they should pay the added airfare if that was involved but to try and rebook them on a different ship at a higher rate is wrong no matter how you look at it. If this were more than a year out then I would say a full refund of the fare or deposit was enough. A $50.00 OBC is a joke and Carnival knows it. Mickey is laughing all the way to the bank. Let's see John Heald put his usual spin on this one.:rolleyes:

To me it reads that you will be given the $50pp OBC on any future cruise you book and that the monies they have from you will be held for 5 days until you decide which option you are taking. ie:refund, book new cruise, etc.

Bill

That's how I read it as well. However, I've seen at least one person post that they need to rebook within the 5 days in order to get the $50 credit. I think they misread/misinterpreted the letter. I guess we'll ask when we call to get our money back tonight.

Header_CTA_CarnivalLogo_Blue.gifHeader_TopRight_Blue.gifurgent_notice.gif

Important Cancellation Notice

Carnival Pride

NOVEMBER 7, 2010

July 7, 2010

Dear Carnival Guest:

We know you must be looking forward to your upcoming cruise, which is why we are sorry to inform you that the November 7, 2010 sailing on the Carnival Pride has been cancelled. We truly regret this change of plans; however, the ship's dry-dock schedule has now been rescheduled for these dates.

We realize how important vacations are. So, our team is standing by to discuss your cruise options and assist you in planning another Carnival cruise right away. We're sure you will find another Carnival vacation filled with an equal amount of FUN that will suit your needs. We will provide you with a $50 per person onboard credit when rebooking any future Carnival cruise, departing prior to April 2012.

Your funds will be held for 5 days to allow you time to reschedule. We request that you please call us at 1-800-CARNIVAL or contact your Personal Vacation Planner at 1-800-819-3902 so we can make other arrangements for you.

If you purchased independent air transportation and need to make changes

need to make change... ?

We're curious about what kind of flight change coverage Carnival may or may not be providing.

Here is the rest of the letter no one seems to have posted yet:

If you purchased independent air transportation and need to make changes to accommodate a new departure, we will reimburse up to $200 per person (via a refundable on board credit) for airline change fees so long as documentation is provided. Please submit supporting documentation to our Guest Admin Department via email to guestadmin@carnival.com.

We appreciate your understanding. Most importantly, we look forward to having you sail with us.

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

That's how I read it as well. However, I've seen at least one person post that they need to rebook within the 5 days in order to get the $50 credit. I think they misread/misinterpreted the letter. I guess we'll ask when we call to get our money back tonight.

Yes, that is what the PVP told me...rebook within 5 days or so long to the OBC.

THank you for your suggestion. I'm calling Carnival tonight to see what I can come up with! THANK YOU!!!

I hope you are able to work something out. I know the difficulty of just arranging everyone to be off at the same time from work and school.

One other option I would ask Carnival is if there is even one of their affiliate ships. ie; Princess, Cunard etc sailing form the same port that day that you may be able to possibly use the onboard credit they are offering as well. Although I doubt they would be as cheap.

Its too bad that Carnival doesn't have another ship available to take the place of the one you were supposed to be on.

Definitely keep us updated.

Yes, that is what the PVP told me...rebook within 5 days or so long to the OBC.

Did they tell you how you get the OBC? I know you can get it no matter if you book through Carnival or elsewhere. My question is how do they know you're not a random new customer and not one of the Pride Castaways?

I hope you are able to work something out. I know the difficulty of just arranging everyone to be off at the same time from work and school.

One other option I would ask Carnival is if there is even one of their affiliate ships. ie; Princess, Cunard etc sailing form the same port that day that you may be able to possibly use the onboard credit they are offering as well. Although I doubt they would be as cheap.

Its too bad that Carnival doesn't have another ship available to take the place of the one you were supposed to be on.

Definitely keep us updated.

The Pride is the only ship that sails from that port.

And how much would your hourly rate, photocopying rate, filing fees, and all the other legal fees associated with engaging you to get back this $175 be?

Don't bother answering. I already know. And it's more than $175.

Under a class action, attorney fee's would end up,in the end being paid by CCL.So each person would get the full $175.

I did see post #86 states that there is airfare credit of up to $200 available.

Did they tell you how you get the OBC? I know you can get it no matter if you book through Carnival or elsewhere. My question is how do they know you're not a random new customer and not one of the Pride Castaways?

My TA told me to hold onto my booking number and refer back to it if I decide to book a Carnival cruise by April, when the OBC offer expires. That would prove my castaway-ness. :)

Under a class action, attorney fee's would end up,in the end being paid by CCL.So each person would get the full $175.

I did see post #86 states that there is airfare credit of up to $200 available.

Not to keep this going forever, but in your scenario (doubt it is true, but for the sake of argument) each person would get the full$175 and the lawyers get 2.5 million. Enough with the ambulance chasing....;)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3981

They can apply their deposit (or other amount already paid) to rebook a similar cruise on Carnival Pride. "We are protecting rates on comparable sailings on surrounding dates," noted Gulliksen.

Anyone else finding this to be a complete load of steaming bullcrap? Countless cruisers have posted that Carnival would not budge a dollar on rates on any other cruise and I've seen prices on Pride just a month from our original sailing date increase 36%.

IBcarnivalslurperswhosaywedeserveit

Anyone else finding this to be a complete load of steaming bullcrap? Countless cruisers have posted that Carnival would not budge a dollar on rates on any other cruise and I've seen prices on Pride just a month from our original sailing date increase 36%.

36% increase from what it was or what you had booked for your cruise?

Not exactly correct - Celebrity Mercury and Enchantment of the Seas both sail out of Baltimore in November.

You are correct. The Celebrity Mercury sails on 11/8 and 11/20 etc.

The RLC Enchantment of the Seas sails on 11/4, 11/13.......

BTW, the 11/14 Carnival Sailing was cancelled also. ( Sorry if you already new this.)

Everyone knows that CCL has people that monitor CC boards, I am sure most of the major lines do. Maybe they saw what was being posted and decided to do the right thing:confused:

Everyone knows that CCL has people that monitor CC boards, I am sure most of the major lines do. Maybe they saw what was being posted and decided to do the right thing:confused:[/qUOTE]

Maybe they were planning this since they decided to drydock the ship but just hadn't finalized their plan of action until after dissatisfied customers started posting. Do you really think the bigwigs at CCL sat down yesterday afternoon and just decided to do this? Things like this take time and planning.

While I don't doubt that there are little CCL interns on this board, reading these threads, I find it humorous how people think the corporation reacts to this board like lightning. Sorry, corporations don't work like that.

NCL has the Jewel leaving NYC on both the 7th and the 14th to Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau...not all that far off from the itinerary of the Pride.

Insides from $429 on 11/7 and $399 on 11/14

OV from $479/$449

Balcony from $679/$649

Suites from $829/$799.

It may not be Baltimore, but for many folks who chose Baltimore for "no flights" its not that much further to drive.

I'd be hopping to NCL in a flash.

Archived