Will I drive my server crazy?

badgebunny

I love the "starters" on the ships and was wondering if I would drive our server mad by asking for a couple of the starters as my main course? I hate to be the trouble maker but they are so yummy and I like them so much better then most of the main courses.

Thanks!

Amy

I love the "starters" on the ships and was wondering if I would drive our server mad by asking for a couple of the starters as my main course? I hate to be the trouble maker but they are so yummy and I like them so much better then most of the main courses.

Thanks!

Amy

Nope... not at all. I know several people who do that. In fact, if you ask they will bring you larger portions of the 'starters' to make it more meal like!!!

Enjoy!!!!

:D

You wont likely drive them crazy. they want you to be happy with your dining room service. I also sometimes want more than one of the starters, and none of the main courses. Only thing is that the items from the starters list may be delivered at the same time, as they bring them out by starters, then main courses and then desserts. That is ok with me. Dont worry, from what I have read here many people order multiple starters and main courses. So order whatever you like and how much you like and enjoy.:)

I think some of the servers get a kick out of people who have little quirks like that! One cruise my daughter was on a real mac & cheese binge and ordered it every night..........they had a blast trying to persuade her to eat different things, made a real show out of it! Just hope you get a server team who has a good sense of humor - you'll be fine!

You can definitely order as many of each item as you want (3 apps, 3 of the same app, 3 apps and 3 main courses, etc) and I don't think that will bother the server at all. The servers tend to have about 20 total customers and they try to take ALL of their orders at once so that each course comes at the same time. That said, if you are doing what you can to minimize your server's pain (which really SHOULDN'T be your major concern), try NOT to get one appetizer, then say, 'oh gee can I have another one of these?' Your server would far prefer to have two of them ordered and delivered at once than have to make a special trip for your second appetizer.

Again, don't worry too much about it. You are on vacation. Tip a little extra at the end of the cruise (cash directly to your server) if you think they've earned it.

We had 5 teen boys in our group and they all sat at our table.

They ordered 2 appetizers and 2 main courses each night except for formal night, 3 of them got 4 lobsters. Our waiter loved that they had such healthy appetites and would try different things. A few nights he would bring something that none of the boys ordered just so they could all try it.

My SIL ordered the from the appetizer menu for her main course one night and he made sure to bring it with out with everyones main meal.

I think the key is to order all the food that you want to try/eat when they take the orders. That way they will know exactly what you are getting and good team will try to pace it with the rest of the table.

Should not be a problem.

Enjoy!

I think some of the servers get a kick out of people who have little quirks like that! One cruise my daughter was on a real mac & cheese binge and ordered it every night..........they had a blast trying to persuade her to eat different things, made a real show out of it! Just hope you get a server team who has a good sense of humor - you'll be fine!

I LOVE that mac and cheese! I always ask if it's available as a side. I also always order 2 escargots on those nights and sometimes 2 shrimp cocktails. Sometimes no entree. They are always accommodating to bringing what we want as long as we aren't unreasonable (like late!).

On my last cruise I had a wonderful waitstaff (Wilmer and Cynthia). I asked for BBQ ribs one night but I had missed the opportunity, so Wilmer checked a couple of times to see when they would be coming around (he thought they would be using a 9-day menu on the 12-day cruise). So every port I would ask him if he went to the butcher shop and got my ribs yet. Sure enough, on day 10 they were available again (just like day 1) so I got to have them. I think he was a little disappointed that I couldn't finish them all.:(.

Next time I'm ordering a banana split off the kid's menu for dessert.;)

I always order the cheese plate from the dessert menu as my appetizer, and after the first night, our server(s) mention it before I order it. When cruising with my 80 year old Mother, she mentioned she likes fresh fruit as an appetizer, so every night at dinner our waiter would make sure 'Grandma has her special appetizer'.

This is why I love assigned dining times....the wait staff are more that happy to be familiar with what you like.

Go for it!

In fact, if they figure out that you really like something they will bring it everynight without you even asking. They have amazing memories of who likes what.

They probably take good notes, but I'm okay with that, too. On the first night I tell them I want a "double decaf espresso" with dessert and I will want one every night. I never have to ask again.

Nope... not at all. I know several people who do that. In fact, if you ask they will bring you larger portions of the 'starters' to make it more meal like!!!

Enjoy!!!!

:D

Ddin't know this! Learn something new every day! I often would rather have larger portions of the starters and skip the entrees but didn't know this was possible. thanks, Mach.

Pat

In fact, if they figure out that you really like something they will bring it everynight without you even asking. They have amazing memories of who likes what.

Exactly.....we have had that on many cruises....have iced tea waiting....mac and cheese brought every meal even when not asked etc.....they are used to that and great servers will accomodate without even being asked when they see what you like!

Thanks everybody, I figured that it would be fine but now that I know so many others order apps instead of entrees I won't feel silly doing it ;0) Now I just have to wait until June to stuff my face!

Amy

Archived