Ever dealt with delayed luggage w/Delta

Wow, you got $500 right away, I'm only trying to claim $178 for 7 days without a suitcase. Times have changed. You heard about it and think it will never happen to you, but now it has. If I had to do it over again, and I had to chose between the shoes and extra clothes, I would still chose his shoes. But I will mix and mingle the clothes from now on. Still would not have helped because they lost all of our suitcases for the first 3 days, and only one for the the remaining time.

Thanks for your support, I appreciate all the advise.

Gerry

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;14;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Brilliance of the Seas 5-14-2004

botmov.gif

whale.gif

We have flown Delta on 10 of our 12 cruises and never had a problem.

I am curious about a previous response...the one who flew from New York to San Juan with a layover in Atlanta. We are from Ohio. All of our layovers were in Atlanta. However, we check our luggage in Ohio and it is checked all the way to San Juan. We don't retrieve it in Atlanta and recheck it. Check it in Ohio...Pick it up in San Juan.

Yes, you check your luggage all the way through, but it still has to change planes just like you did. Sometimes your luggage does not get put on the second plane.

We did have to retrieve our luggage in Atlanta on our trip back and recheck, but we were coming back from Europe and we had to go through customs. At least we had our luggage to reclaim this time.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;14;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Brilliance of the Seas 5-14-2004

botmov.gif

whale.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI for you, due to the big computer problem Delta had on May 1st we were stuck in the Miami airport for 8 hours and then were flown to Atlanta where we had to spend the night. There were a lot of customer service screwups. I wrote Delta a letter when we got home, and they responded in about 2-3 weeks with a fairly personalized letter and two $150 vouchers. So I'm pretty happy with how they handled it. My advice is to be nice, say that you understand that mistakes do happen, but you would like to be compensated for the huge inconvenience.

I feel very lucky that I got the reimbursment this quickly, the first time I contacted them they told me twelve weeks. But I went on line to ask a question and the lady that responded told me to fax everything to her and she would expedite it. Which I guess she must have done, because it was about 3-4 weeks.

They said from the beginning that they would only pay for items purchased and for which we had receipts. Never tried to ask for anything else, but I still feel there should have been some type of compensation. But right now I'm just thankful to have may $187.55.

Archived