Which piers does Holland America use in which ports?

Using the search function in this forum, I was unable to locate a thread that centrally tells which piers Holland America uses in the various Baltic ports. I will be embarking in Copenhagen, visiting Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm, and disembarking in Amsterdam. I would like to enter the pier names into Google maps to get some idea of what my transport options are (I realize in St. P. I will probably not be on my own for visa reasons, but like to always be oriented myself, even if someone else is guiding me).

At least in Stockholm there is no pier where HAL ships dock. The same ship will sometimes dock here sometimes there. Here is a link to Ports of Stockholm with information of where your cruise is booked.

http://194.52.202.66:81/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=portitfw/FartygsLista_eng.html?hamn=Stohab&trafik=2&status=2&Show=Show

Even if you know where your ship is expected to dock it may be good to be aware that changes happen, even at last notice.

Once you know where you can expect to dock this map may be helpful. i have marked the position of the different ports in relation to the main sights and some useful transport means.

http://maps.google.se/maps/ms?client=firefox-a&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100446628536787947860.000448dadb8bebb56f079&ll=59.332051,18.072939&spn=0.025217,0.056648&t=h&z=14

Using the search function in this forum, I was unable to locate a thread that centrally tells which piers Holland America uses in the various Baltic ports. I will be embarking in Copenhagen, visiting Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm, and disembarking in Amsterdam. I would like to enter the pier names into Google maps to get some idea of what my transport options are (I realize in St. P. I will probably not be on my own for visa reasons, but like to always be oriented myself, even if someone else is guiding me).

For Copenhagen Freeport you find all information here:

http://www.heinbloed-on-tour.de/

Regards

HeinBloed

That leaves Talinn and the departure and arrival ports of Copenhagen and Amsterdam to be determined. And St. P, but that is in a league of its own (no wandering off on my own without a visa).

In Amsterdam it will be the passenger terminal, which is a little east of centraal Station and not too far from city-center.

But...from about August 14 till August 24 210, the terminal is occupied by the tallships of Sail Amsterdam 2010.

There are a few alternative dockingplaces which are farther out, so check with the cruiseline.

Unfortunately that did not help for Copenhagen

Can you explain why???

I said before that Holland America uses Freeport and all information to get around from there are available...

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/07/copenhagen-denmark-frihavn-cruise.html

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/07/copenhagen-denmark-from-frihavn-cruise.html

May you just did not find it...

HeinBloed

I looked up all our ports before we left, but one of them was changed apparently. According to the Helsinki site we were supposed to go to one port, but we ended up at another. It wasn't a big deal though. For Helsinki, HAL offered a shuttle to the city for $10 roundtrip or $6 one way. We did this and then did everything on our own. We ended up not using the ticket back and took a taxi since we weren't near the bus pick up. Taxis were a little pricier there compared to some other European cities. They also offered a shuttle in Stockholm, but that one was $15 per person roundtrip. We did not use that option.

In Amsterdam it will be the passenger terminal, which is a little east of centraal Station and not too far from city-center.

But...from about August 14 till August 24 210, the terminal is occupied by the tallships of Sail Amsterdam 2010.

There are a few alternative dockingplaces which are farther out, so check with the cruiseline.

Hi Ine, be careful about the dates and checking with HAL in Seattle. The latter may not help for a few days. HAL in Seattle were totally wrong about what they told passengers departing and boarding in Amsterdam.

It is now confirmed by Captain Albert of the Prinsendam that on August 14 the Prinsendam will still be docking at the Cruise Terminal (while the Eurodam, a couple day later, will indeed dock at the container terminal).

Here is his quote:

July 11, 2010 @ 17:14

I have verbal confirmation from the local agent and the pilots that on the 14th. we will dock, as normal, at the Passenger terminal at the Piet Heinkade in Amsterdam. The confusion comes from the fact that on the 19th. Sail Amsterdam starts but the passenger terminal will only be used for that event from the 17th. onwards to dock the Tall ships. I have contacted Seattle with the request to look into this and to make sure that the correct information is being sent out. If they come back with something else, I will advise everybody via the blog of course.

Best regards

Capt. Albert

I just hope that the word gets out to those departing and, more importantly, those boarding. Otherwise their taxis may find an empty dock.

Edited by Lair Bear

I know there is a lot of confusing during the Sail 2010. That is why is also wrote: check with your cruise-line.

Since no arrival day was mentioned, maybe it is not applicable.

I know there is a lot of confusing during the Sail 2010. That is why is also wrote: check with your cruise-line.

Since no arrival day was mentioned, maybe it is not applicable.

According to the website of Amsterdam Passenger Terminal:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PASSENGERS CRUISING IN AUGUST 2010 ON:

COSTA LUMINOSA

CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION

EURODAM

MSC OPERA

Passengers embarking on the Costa Luminosa (August 1st) Eurodam (August 8th) and MSC Opera (August 7th).

You will embark your ship at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA). Due to Sail Amsterdam 2010 your cruise will not end at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, but at the Amsterdam Container Terminal(ACT). If you are planning to drive your own car we strongly discourage you to park at PTA, as upon your return you will only be able to pick up your car between midnight and 08.00 am. We advise you to park at P+R Sloterdijk, from where you can take a taxi to PTA. When you return to ACT, it is only a short taxiride to your car. If you arrange a pick-up yourself please note that this will be from ACT, and not at PTA.

Passengers embarking on the MSC Opera (August 18th), Eurodam (August 19th), Costa Luminosa (August 21st) and Celebrity Constellation (August 22nd).

Due to Sail Amsterdam 2010 your cruise will not start at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA) but at the Amsterdam Container Terminal(ACT). Please do not come to PTA, as the area is closed for vehicles, and only limited accessible between midnight and 08.00 a.m. Your cruise will end at PTA. If you are planning to drive your own car we advise you to park at P+R Sloterdijk, from where you can take a taxi to ACT. When you disembark at PTA, you can take a taxi to pick up your car. If you arrange a pick-up yourself please note that you will disembark at PTA.

Please note the following:

- ACT has no parking facilities

- P+R is by far the cheapest option to park in Amsterdam

- There is no public transportation at ACT

If you have any questions please contact us at:

Sail2010@ptamsterdam.com

Passenger Terminal Amsterdam Piet Heinkade 27 Amsterdam

Amsterdam Container Terminal Ruigoordweg 100 Amsterdam

P+R Sloterdijk Piarcoplein 1 Amsterdam (http://www.bereikbaar.amsterdam.nl/live/main.asp?display_framework=garage&p_en_r=true&item_id=18)

Taxi centrale Amsterdam: +31 0(20) 7777777

Regards

HeinBloed

Edited by HeinBloed

• 8 years later...

Occasionally if there are two ships in port one might need to dock in the industrial port. One one large or two smalls can dock at Passenger Terminal next to Central Station.

Last time I met my friends 20 minutes taxi ride away from Central Station.

https://www.ptamsterdam.nl/en/cruises-portal

You must check the schedule. If there are more than one ship in town you must open all ships. At least one might show as remark that they might be at Waterland Terminal but Passenger Terminal.

Like COSTA MEDITERRANEA on June 10, 2018 (we write in Europe DAY-MONTH-YEAR!)

Regards

HeinBloed