My Review/ Conquest June 27th-July 4th!!!

Gotta say, EXCELLENT review so far. :D

We're on the 9/12 cruise and I have a couple of questions for you when you get the time. We (my BF and I -- she's never cruised so I want to make this exciting for her):

1. We wanted to do the catamaran thing in Jamaica (through Island Marketing, btw, great excursion place), but they're sold out. Then I startd reading your review and got excited about Sunset Beach. I was trying to find a place to book the day and there wasn't a place to do it. Just overnights. So I called them and was told you just pay at the gate, $60 pp. Which is of course what you said. They're just two of us, and I'd like to know where you found your driver. I'd like something like that too, but we don't have 300 people with us. :cool:

2. I see where you went to the Pointe almost every day for dinner. I love that restaurant but our budget will only allow it for one night. Did you night like the dining room? Or was it just something extra you specially liked?

Thanks.

p.s. I'm so ready for your next installment.

When you dock in MoBay there will be cabs lined up outside the terminal, just walk out there and find a cab. You may be able to find other people who are going to Sunset Beach too, and share a cab.

If not, you can go by yourself. We have just always had a group of people with us.

As for The Pointe, we only ate there on Tuesday night....the rest of the evenings we were in the main dining room. The food is great in both places.

However, if your budget allows for one night($30 each) in The Pointe, I highly recommend it. It's just a great experience!

Arriving in the Caymans, bright and early, 7ish.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010129.jpg?t=1279541092

Momma, LOOK......I thought we were in the Caymans today????:confused:

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010133.jpg?t=1279540797

Why is the US Coast Guard here? Guess we need to ask our friend Jesse that question......

CruiseMarcyspics108.jpg?t=1279540969

This was my families 3rd time to visit the Cayman Islands.

Most of our group had planned on spending the day at Seven Mile Beach, except for Tina and Olivia.

They booked an excursion thru Carnival to do the Stingrays, Turtle Farm and Hell.

We ate our usual buffet breakfast, then headed down to board the tender.

For those of you who are cruising on a budget, I highly recommend that you eat a hearty breakfast before leaving the ship.

The Caymans are the most expensive of all the ports and it doesn't take long for a few items of food and/or drinks to add up in a hurry.

We boarded the Tender to go to the island

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010134.jpg?t=1279542845

Isn't the water just beautiful?

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010140.jpg?t=1279542927

Once on the island we found a cab/mini-bus ($5 per person) and headed off to Seven Mile Beach. We went to the Royal Palms.

CruiseIrenesPics226.jpg?t=1279545833

It was a beautiful place and offered a wide choice of activities......wave runners, parasailing, snorkeling trips, floatie thingy's, you just sign up for whatever you want at the booth on the beach.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010150.jpg?t=1279545904

If you want to use the lounge chairs and umbrellas, there is a charge for them.... I believe it was $10 for the umbrella and $4 or $5 for a chair. They gave you a shovel to dig a hole in the sand to place the umbrella wherever you wanted it.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010144.jpg?t=1279546348

We chose to sit at the bar/grill area with tables and umbrellas.

There is no charge to sit in this area as long as you order drinks or food. I think the beer's were about $5 each.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010159.jpg?t=1279546497

CruiseMarcyspics110.jpg?t=1279547176

The little building on the right hand side is the grill area and back behind it further on the right is a bathroom with some showers outside on one end of the building.

Shane decided he wanted to do the Wave Runners. We weren't for sure if they would let him since he is only 15, but he has a boating license, a driving permit and he is a Certified Lifeguard so we were hopeful.;)

It was $65 for 30 minutes and they did allow him to do it.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010148.jpg?t=1279548316

If you want to do this make sure that you take a credit card with you, they require it as a security...I guess if you wreck it or decide to run off into the wild blue yonder!

We did not take a card with us, but Marcy was kind enough to let us use hers......she kept her eye on Shane the whole time!!:eek:

Tara, Marcy, Heather and Irene decided they wanted to Parasail. Once again because of Tara's age we were unsure if they would let her go, but they did.

It was either $60 or $65 per person.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010164.jpg?t=1279551820

What the hell was I thinking.....my little baby girl going out there!:eek::eek:

This was a transfer boat and it took them out to meet a bigger boat....thank the lord!!

So..... remember Jamaica and the barfing honeymooner.....well what are the chances of it happening again???

Not her......but this elderly gentleman sitting at a table next to us......we all just looked at each and thought.....WHY US!! :eek::eek:

We felt very bad for he and his family, not sure he even knew what was going on, hope that he was okay...and thank goodness for the showers at Royal Palms!

After all the Wave Running and Parasailing it was time to head back to the Port.

We took a cab back to the port area and went to visit Jimmy's Place.

CruiseIrenesPics267.jpg?t=1279555091

CruiseMarcyspics119.jpg?t=1279555173

This Margaritaville isn't as WILD as the one in Jamaica, but we chose to sit off to the right side of where the waterslide is.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010177.jpg?t=1279555610

It is away from the area where the girls are dancing on the bar and all the shot taking was going on.

Not that Tara would have even noticed.....cuz she never got out of the pool, except to go down the waterslide.

ConquestJune27thtoJuly4th2010178.jpg?t=1279555337

If your going with your kids, this is really the place to be, the kids can swim and enjoy the waterslide and the adults can enjoy this.

CruiseMarcyspics118.jpg?t=1279555983

CruiseMarcyspics116.jpg?t=1279556132

We ordered some nachos and had a few beers, then it was time to do our shopping and head back to the ship.

Our son had received his first paycheck from Lifeguarding just before we left for the cruise, so he wanted to go in search of sunglasses.

They had moved the sunglasses place from where it was when we were there before, it was back behind Margaritaville inside a jewelry store.

He found a pair of Oakley's for $150. He said that was a good price.......and so far, he still has them and they are intact. :rolleyes:

When we got back to the port, the tender line was pretty long, but it moved quickly......there was one other ship in port with us so I had told all the girls if we got seperated to just make sure they got in the right line...and they all did!!

CruiseIrenesPics269.jpg?t=1279557024

Great review! So, the Margarittaville in MO Bay is at the port???? Safe walking distance from the ship??

No, in MoBay you will need to take a cab, about 10 or 15 minutes......the Caymans, it is right across the street from where you get off of the tender.

Love the review and thanks for the larger font lol It makes it much easier to read. I love when someone writes a review that isn't just FACTS and makes you feel like you are right there with them! Thanks

Thanks, I love reviews with (big)pics too, that is why I do mine this way!:)

No, in MoBay you will need to take a cab, about 10 or 15 minutes......the Caymans, it is right across the street from where you get off of the tender.

OOPS, I guess I'm still asleep. Didn't get to sleep until 4am. Forgot which port you were in. ZZZZZZZZZZ

Great review! So, the Margarittaville in MO Bay is at the port???? Safe walking distance from the ship??

The Margaritaville in MoBay is about three and a half miles from the pier so it's not a practical walk. A cab will cost about five or six buck per person for two people.

The M'ville in Grand Cayman is a very easy walk from where the tenders drop you off...

:)

Nice review. Can't wait until we go back in October.

One thing I want to mention is that Julie is right, Grand Cayman is an expensive place to eat especially Margarittavillle. Next time we go, we are just going to order drinks. We have to have our priorities!:D

Archived