Drink Cards

Now I'm confused! :confused: Others have reported that the "$50 card" cost $45, and the 15% service charge was deducted from the balance when the drink was purchased, not when the card was purchased. Or are you talking about the punch cards that are going away?

You said "As I remember it ..." Do you still have a final statement that you can check please?

My prepaid mixed drink card amount appeared as an OBC. When I actually purchased the card, 15% service charge was added and I signed a chit for $57.50. This amount appeared on my account. I am talking about the "punch cards" as that was the only thing available on the Volendam this spring.

Carole

Ok, I went on the new HAL website

for Onthegogirl, I know that the new beverage card basically covers any type of beverage,they just deduct the cost of the card.

Now for the rest of us, I went on to try to see what the cost was as I understood from correspondence I got from HAL that the card was $50.00

Guess what, I can't find the card on the HAL website yet. They must be coming out soon obviously, but not there yet that I could go to check out and see the final cost.

Maybe this is a question for DBA? I am sure they will be there soon.

I also looked for the new cards on HAL's updated site -- could not find them. Just saw only the old ones.

But I do know that TA's have been able to buy them for their clients. $45 for a $50 card and $90 for a $100 card.

Don't know if this only something that TA's can purchase right now or not.

Sorry folks. Since I have the HAL Visa, I use my reward points for the beverage card. That appears as an OBC on my account. Not sure f it's the same if you prepay on the HAL website. So if I confused you.:o

I haven't asked for a drink that wasn't covered by the card but the wonderful waiters have advised me when the drink I ordered cost less than $5.75. Then I could decide whether to use the card or not. :)

Went to the HAL website where they are selling a "Signature" beverage card for $64.??. :confused:The Visa HAL rewards offers a $50 beverage card. :confused: So maybe when I get on board the $50 OBC will not cover the cost of the card. I'm guessing that the price of the card has gone up and maybe the price of mixed drinks in general. Will find out in about 98 days.:D

Went to the HAL website where they are selling a "Signature" beverage card for $64.??. :confused:The Visa HAL rewards offers a $50 beverage card. :confused: So maybe when I get on board the $50 OBC will not cover the cost of the card. I'm guessing that the price of the card has gone up and maybe the price of mixed drinks in general. Will find out in about 98 days.:D

The Signature Drink card is for specific drinks. It appears that the priced cards are not yet available online. I don't see it as a big deal (unless someone wants to buy you one before the cruise) since I am sure you'll be able to purchase it on board. The situation with the old cards is much different -- on ships where they have switched over, you cannot get the old cards anymore on board, so ordering online is the only way to get them. The $50 beverage card should normally cost $45 and it covers $50 worth of drinks and tips. It's just like a normal gift card, from what I have read. With the new cards, you're buying a dollar amount vs. a certain number of drinks with the old cards.

Archived